Monday, November 28, 2016

LA DIA DE ACCION DE GRACIAS aka FAT DAY

HI my LOVED ONES! I hope you had the best Thanksgiving with all your closest fam and friends, and were able to pound as much food as I did (:::: no regrets!!!!!

It was so fun to be able to have two types of Thanksgivings this year, an American and a Latin! I can tell you that I have never had rice and pork for Thanksgiving before until now.  But I got to try some new foods that I never had which is always fun! It was so great to be able to be with families and get to see their traditions. They made us feel just like part of the family, so It made the first real family holiday away much better

Well this week was great! The only bummer was that I got sick... Not sure what it was, but it was a pesky virus that's for sure. It took my voice as well so I had some interesting knocking experiences this week to say the least. Hahaha, I thought I had a guys voice before (because of how low it is), but man OH NO, I was cracking and squeaking at every door and person I talked to. I sounded like a 14 year old going through straight puberty.  Poor every person that had to hear me, even I felt bad for them, lol!

Well as I am sure you all have heard, Fidel Castro (I think that's how you spell it) passed away, so literally every Cuban down here (which is like 50 percent of Miami) has just been rejoicing and over joyed.  Thank heavens for these political leaders in the world, because of them we are getting more investigators and more people that want prayers hahaha.  Besides the Cubans and the prayers, it has been great to start showing and talking about the Church's new #LIGHTTHEWORLD campaign. (:  I am literally obsessed with it.  We have been asked that every person we talk to, we get them to get out their phone or electronic device, and pull up the video and watch it right there with them. I have already seen it like 20 times just in the past 3 days, and I can tell I am never going to get tired of it. SO GOOD. The Church's video game is STRONG. so powerful! People have watched that two minute video, and are just in awe, bawling right there on their front porch. It invites the spirit so quickly, and it is so touching to me, how much it is touching to others. The spirit touches all, and does so so rapidly. It is incredible to me.

I cannot believe it is already like December! Time is flying! Every day is the most exhausting but rewarding thing ever. I am so grateful to be out here serving.

A quick weekly quote from Mikelle I want to end with lol. Sorry if you are all so done with these. jk not sorry. <3

"God is making things happen for you, even when you don't see it, even when you cant feel it, even if its not evident... God is working on your prayers". -UNKOWN Don't ever forget that!! I have never been more grateful to have this knowledge. Your biggest supporter and motivator is just one prayer away. Don't become distant.

I love you all so much its hard to even say it. HAVE THE BEST WEEK and enjoy the snow haha. I am sure not missing it here in this 80 degree December that I am having But I sure mis you all more than you know!

xoxoxox
Hermana Dimond 

Dinner #1 with the Pallos Family. 

They are from Honduras and the Dominican Rep.

(:(: sweetest fam ever!!! 

Love getting to share the ward with the Elders too! because that just means every meal appointment with them too haha. 

Elder Souza. from brazil. the only person I have yet to meet more sassy than me. we get along well lol 

They are goons!

Dinner #2. our American dinner (: hahaha thanks mama for the cute center piece (: 

And the tree stump that a mobbed over the other week (: I destroyed it! but the car is still in once piece! (: that's all that matters ! (:(:: still alive 

No comments:

Post a Comment