Monday, November 21, 2016

"The Scruggle is Real" here in Chocolate City

HI EVERYONE!!!

I just had to start with this quote. "The scruggle in the screets is real" because literally if I hear this one more time hahaha. Scruggle and Screets and Acts. These African Americans just got their own lingo down here.  Hahah!  I thought I was coming to Florida to learn Spanish, but good heavens I have learned two languages, Spanish and GHETTO.  Hahaha but I love it! (in no way is this intended to be racist, it is the honest truth)

This week was great! I started it off by running over a tree stump on the side of the road, only to get our car stuck for about 5 minutes, but all is well we got it off. lol
The weather is really hitting its cold peak, just freezing here actually. I think it hit 68 degrees last night? HAHAHA ok but really this place has changed me because I am actually freezing!!  I am dead once I come back to Utah.
But lots of other good things happened as well! We had my first Zone Conference which was so fun because I got to see like 100 other missionaries and President, and got to learn so much. It was so fun to be able to meet more of the missionaries in my mission and got me excited for what is to come!
We finally have some solid Latin investigators which makes me so happy!! I really feel like my Spanish is coming along and every time I walk out of a lesson, I am just in pure awe at what just occurred, that I could literally communicate and understand what is going on! The gift of tongues is so real and I feel so blessed to be able to share this gospel to ALL that live here, because of this gift and blessing that Heavenly Father has trusted me with!  I JUST LOVE THE PEOPLE OF MIAMI!

Well going back to subject line, "Chocolate City" turns out to be a real place down here.  Yes, this does sound like my type of place(: Its basically the projects of Miami and its like 10 min from my house.  Well this week we were teaching an investigator Tamika there at like 7:30 at night.  We arrive to her apartment and she makes sure to inform us of the AK 47 bullet hole in the front of her home. The poor thing just hates where she lives, and wants to get out of there so bad. She just wants a better life. She wants the gospel. Well the whole time we were teaching her she was so distracted looking all around and I could tell she felt very uneasy. We were having a great discussion with her, and all of the sudden she says, "I hate to cut you beautiful things short, but I have a feeling there is going to be a shootin here real soon. We are going to need to finish this tomorrow".  Well BLESS YOUR SOUL TAMKIA that you listened to the spirit because heavens, we came back the next day and she informs us that there WAS a shooting.  SO YAY FOR THE HOLY GHOST touching my gators in ways I didn't think he was (:(: !!! YAY TAMIKA! #YAYCHOCOLATECITY  But minus that set back, she is committed to Baptism so the work carries on!  Satan got nothing on us!

Well I just want to end with a quick quote from the week: 

"The assurance of the Resurrection gives us the strength and the perspective to endure the mortal challenges faced by each of us and by those we love, such things as the physical, mental, or emotional deficiencies we bring with us at birth, or acquire during mortal life. Because of the Resurrection, we know that these mortal deficiencies are only temporary.  Deformity will be removed, defects will be eliminated, and men and woman shall attain to the perfection of their spirits to the perfection that god designed in the beginning" - Dallin H Oaks. 
What a blessing to know.  Although we have challenges and difficulties here, all will be made right after this life because of our Savior. Don't ever forget how blessed we are. I hope you all have the best Thanksgiving and remember how much I love you!

xoxoxox
Hermana Dimond
 
Brunch at the Keimes :)

Finally found street tacos!!!! YASSSSS



This good man, "Cut the Cake," and yes that is his name.  We are homies!
Just hangin'

 Break Dancin' Contacting!  He asked me to buy him some cigarettes after this.  I gladly handed him a Jesus Christ Card

Us at Zone Conference

Me and my cute comp!!!!!


The nappy traffic here.  Holy cow Miami drivers are something I'll tell you that!






No comments:

Post a Comment