Monday, December 5, 2016

DECEMBA ALREADY?

FamBAM and Amigos (: HOLA!!!! Hope you all had a great week and are enjoying this last month of the year! I CANNOT believe that it is already December! So crazy!

Well this week was great! Just as every other week! The people of Miami just give me the biggest run for my money I love it. You just never do know what you are going to get here.

Well ghetto name of the week: Febreeze.  Yep!  This is real life. I often question many parents decisions when I hear of peoples names here, haha, but bless their cute hearts.  Bless Febreezes heart. Comedy highlight of the week: found part of a womans weave just chillin in the grass as we were knocking doors.  Poor gals got a bald spot somewhere. But the people here got enough fake hair to spare, so all is well. (:

Well my mission  life was made this week because my biggest dream came true. The Jehovah Witnesses knocked on our DOOR!  Hahahah YESS!!! One morning we were doing our studies and look out the window and see two men outside. We sprint to our room to put our tags on so that we can answer the door and they can know exactly who we are(:  We answer and they just say "OH ELDERS" hahaha.  Not quite, but they definitely knew who we were. They were so nice, and we only talked a little, but I couldn't let them leave without asking a few civil questions, obviously.  They still make absolutely no sense to me in my mind, but they were kind(:   Just so happy I can die saying ,"The Jehovah Witnesses knocked on my door while I was a missionary".

Now to a more serious note (I am sorry it often takes me too long to get there lol) but we had a really amazing thing happen yesterday at church.  Our Vision family, who we had prayed for specifically and then found, and then who cut off all communication with us for almost two months, SHOWS UP AT CHURCH yesterday!!!  They are the sweetest part member family ever.  The dad was a member growing up, but has been less active for years!  The wife is not a member, and they have three children.  They came to bless their child at church and their WHOLE family (some of which are members) were all there.  After church they talked with the Bishop, and the wife (Milly) said she absolutely loved it, and wants her husband to get the Priesthood again, so he can baptize her and her almost 8 year old son as well.  I WAS DYING!!!!  MIRACLES!!!  I knew they were my family!  It just shows me yet again, that EVERYTHING is in the Lords timing.  Although I would have wanted to have kept teaching them these last two months, the Lord kept preparing them, and now they are ready!  I am so excited to start working with them again!  This gospel is amazing.

One great quote I heard this week while knocking, from a wise woman named Bertha. We were talking with her on her porch all about the blessings of God.  We began talking about all the things of the world, and how caught up everyone gets in "the stuff."  She then said something that I died laughing at, but it has really stuck with me.  She said, "Have you ever seen a U-Haul attached to the back of a hearse? I didn't think so.  What we learn here is really the only thing we get to take with us to the next life."  Although funny, it is so true.  We get so caught up in all the worldly toys and gadgets, that we often forget what is most important here.  During this Christmas season, keep in mind those things that are most important, the things that can't be put in a U-Haul(:, because in the end, we don't get to take it with us. Our families and our testimonies are what is most important.

Well sorry this is so long! I love you all so much! Don't ever forget it!  Keep enjoying your Christmas holiday with all your loved ones and don't forget I'm praying for ya all! (:

xoxox
Hermana Dimond

Our wanna be festivities aka dollar socks (:

The games we play as missionaries. Decoding messages. Good grief!

One of the THOUSANDs of ghetto ice creams trucks. literally you would die how many are here. one on every street, from literally 3 pm - 8 pm. just pure kidnapping vans I swear. no clue how they make money. but their music gives us some jams to jam too while knocking so cant complain (:

 Literally 89 degress on December 1st at 7 at night.

The houses go HAM here on the chirstmas lights

No comments:

Post a Comment