Monday, December 19, 2016

Cerry Mhristmas goobers

LOVERS! HELLO!

Is this even real life? Is this week Christmas? I cannot even believe it! Mainly because it does not feel one ounce like Christmas here in this humid hot weather, but ya know, I’m still not complaining (: There is something about a white Christmas though, that I surprisingly will say, (I know what a shock) that I do miss.  

Well this week has been full of change, but it has been great! We had transfers and I got my new companion Hermana Hernandez. She is 21 from Honduras, and has been out in the field for about 14 months. So she’s just a tadddd bit more experienced than me (: But she is great! She’s full of that good Latin spunk and sass, but also such a love for people and the work, so we get along great! (: It is interesting how much you can learn from each new companion you are with.  It has only been a week and I feel I have learned so much about missionary work and myself. It is funny how that happens. Along with a new comp, I tried my first star fruit this week (which we picked like 20 off this random woman’s tree that we prayed with.  She told us to take as many as we want, so obviously we just went for it:) I am a fan though! I also got locked inside an apartment complex, so I hopped my first fence this week! You all already know I feel flat on my face as I jumped off to the other side, and Sister Hernandez totally took a chunk off the top of it as well!  We both were just cracking up and sprinting away while holding the piece that broke off. FOR THE MEMORIESSSS. and as a trophy.  Ya know hahaha.  So just a week full of FIRSTS!

As I mentioned last week, my sweet recent convert Dorothy was not doing too good.  We visited her last Monday night, and I called her niece Friday morning, to see if she left the hospital as they were planning on.  She informed me that Dorothy passed away late that Thursday night.  I could hardly believe my ears.  It just tore me apart.  I have such a love for her, and it really just opened my eyes to how much our Heavenly Father loves each one of us.  We cannot even comprehend.  I only knew Dorothy for such a short period of time, but my love for her is incredible.  It was just amazing to me to see the Lord’s timing of things.  She was able to find the gospel and be baptized in a matter of three weeks, and only about a month later get diagnosed with liver and breast cancer and pass away. The Lord knew she was ready and that she has much greater work on the other side.  She taught me SO MUCH while she was here and now she is going to be the best missionary ever.  She gets to go teach her husband and I am so excited for her! The Lords timing truly is perfect.  

This made me think of a quote that I heard. I am sorry if I have already shared this. But it is by Dallin H. Oaks.  He said "The assurance of the Resurrection gives us the strength and the perspective to endure the mortal challenges faced by each of us and by those we love, such things as the physical, mental, or emotional deficiencies we bring with us at birth, or acquire during mortal life.  Because of the Resurrection, we know hat these mortal deficiencies are only temporary.  Deformity will be removed, defects will be eliminated, and men and woman shall attain to the perfect of their spirits, to the perfection that god designed in the beginning". I love this. I love that we have this knowledge and what a comfort it is. I feel so blessed that I get to share this message with all I come in contact with here, the message of our Savior Jesus Christ and his love and mercy, his infinite atoning sacrifice.

We have so much to be thankful for. I hope you are all able to feel the love of Christ this Christmas week. I love you all so much; I wish I had enough words to express it. Thank you for all your love and support to me. I feel it everyday! I am so blessed!

MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVES!

xoxox
Hermana Dimond

The cute CHRISTMAS PJS the Sant fam gave us for our early Christmas since they are heading to my territory of UTAH for the real day! They are so sweet!! Clearly they think im missing my phone a little too much ehh? (:

THANKS MOM FOR THEE CUTEST DECORATIONS EVERRRR!!!!!!!!! oh and us with our cute little ghetto tree (:

 LOVE doing my countdown to christmas study EVERY  morning and putting the cute ornaments on the tree! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

May have sent out just a few Christmas cardsss.... (: I take after mom!


 MY DAD (in the mish) he died (went home). The mission lingo kills me!

 His mom was the one that found me before the mish (: hahhaha too good!

The cute young women of the ward made a 12 days to Christmas thing for us and the elders. We have the best ward <3

MY CUTE little latin companion (:


Em sent me the cutest little "chat book" they are called full of pics and memories! So cute! I love YOU ALL!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment