Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Ox Tail. Need I Say More?

Holy COW FAM AND FRIENDS WHAT A GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE (:  I hope you are all doing swell. 

This has been QUITE the week, holy smokers!  I don’t even really know where to begin.  I guess I will just start with the fact that I ate Ox tail this week and absolutely enjoyed it.  Haha!  What a delicacy in Haiti, LOL.  Seriously though, who would have thought?  Also tried my first lobster so that was unreal. And a Dominican drink called, "Morir Sonando", which means, "die dreaming" so you can only imagine.  It literally tasted like a blended key lime pie.  I WAS A FAN!  Man just being fed like a straight queen here and loving it. I've said it once and I’ll say it again, this is just the best mission in the world. We got peeps from EVERYWHERE in the world and we get to try it all.  As well, I met my first Lithuanian and my homie from Vietnam.  (: Added it to the list. 

Many changes and things happened this past week.  President and Sister Garns came to the mission and we got to meet them.  They are just the cutest and definitely a fireball couple that is for dang sure. I thought President and Sister Richardson was a whipper snapper couple, but dang shoot, crap is going to start rumbling here in the FFLM.  Some rules are being changed, but all good things.  Excited to see what is in store. (: 

It’s been a weird week as this is Sister Calls last week in the mission. We had nothing but miracles and a party, but it was weird seeing it come to an end for her.  IT MADE ME JUST WANT TO GO EVEN HARDER EVERY MINUTE!  Time is flying.  So since she is leaving I thought 100% I was staying here in Miramar butttttttt the most unexpected thing that could happen, happened. I AM GETTING TRANSFERRED!!!!  WHAT?  I know.  I freaked out! I am going to Hialeah, WHICH IS SPANISHHHHHHHHHH and seriously straight little Cuba.  Literally 99% Cuban, hahaha, I’m so excited (:(:(:(: but beyond that, I’m pink washing, and staying Sister Teacher Leader, and my new comp will be Sister Murdock, literally my DREAM COMP!   We came in to the mission together.  We seriously don’t know each other AT ALL, but from night one we hit it off and we were like, WE’RE GONNA BE COMPS.  Every time we see each other we have said that, and now IT’S LEGIT!   I am literally screamed on the transfer call.  And then to add one CRAZIER thing to the list, SISTER BINGHAM, MY BABY, is going to live in the same house as me, she is going to Miami YSA!  This is going to be the weirdest but funnest thing!  I am just so excited to see what this transfer has in store. 

Any who, crazy fun stuff happened.  We had a wonderful Fourth of July.  We got to have a fun dinner with this cute less active family, we had a fun sisterhood activity, district training, and just got all nastied red white and blued up (: you know it!  But you know its great when you are just all nestled in your bed by 10:30 p.m. and you just hear World War 3 going off outside (:. hahah definitely didn't even see one firework but any way it was a great day.

Weirdest thing, my whole zone went to Florida International University campus and just went and talked with everyone outside for like an hour. MISSIONARIES TAKE OVER COLLEGE.  Haha, it was the weirdest thing being in that environment again, but Sister Cardoso and I were together and we found the coolest people. It was fun getting to really talk with people our own age. 

Well we saw so many miracles. We found the cutest family, Tenia and her children, who had actually talked with the missionaries 25 years ago when they lived in Jamaica.  She couldn't remember what they had to say, but she did remember more importantly how she felt.  She wants it again.  And always, they are completely set on baptism and I am just so sad that I am leaving this area, but I know the Elders that are coming in will take great care of them.  But it was just the biggest reminder to me, that really, the things that I say are not the things that are really touching these cute people. It is the spirit that I bring and what touches their heart that leaves the impression.  I want to live so worthy of this and to make sure that I leave that with everyone I meet, so that 25 years later, when other missionaries come, they can have the same miracles and blessings that I am seeing now. 

The mission is the best thing in the world. It is so full of twists and turns. But the best turns I have ever made. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. 
Thanks for being the best dang family in the world.  You guys mean the world to me. 

Con amor,


STOKED Hermana Dimond 


My new address is:

161 W 63rd St 
Hialeah, Florida 33012 

Our CULTURE FEST (:


I LEARNED HOW TO MAKE CEVECHE (: a peruvian dish. died 



More and More. Food.  And Food. (: 

Last P Day!  We all just went crazy. Our zone is so cultural.  So many people from different countries that we all just made stuff from there and had a feast!  It was so fun and yummmmmm! 



Fourth of July funnnnnn (:


Mom you would be so proud.  I made fruit waterrrrrr hahah 

Stay classy kids!


Fourth dinner BBQ with the GRANBERRYS! I LOVE THEM 


More din! 


And we got aloe leaves.  You know we are trying every treatment in the book to get our hair to grow back hahaha. Slicked this good stuff right into the hair (: 

And Fourth of July nightly fun. (: when you can't go out for the fun, you bring the fun in (: 

HAHAH Sis Monson and I 

PRESIDENT AND SISTER GARNS (: the cutest 

And Elder and Sister Rudd came to do our housing inspections and then took us out!  We are spoiled (: 

hahah helping Sister Call out with her "marriage and dating my plan."   This program that missionaries have to do to prepare them to go home.  Made me want to barf hahah

The Blondett family <3 the ones from the Dominican Republic 

SISTER MUTHRA WITH THE BELOVED OX TAIL! (::: 


And all the cute leaders in my zone.  Man I love these goobers! 

Sister Call used the last of her missionary money and treated us BIG TIME last night (::: so fun! haha gonna miss her! fam WE GOIN TO BENIHANNAH when we come back here! 

So I think I have decided I may as well just have a food missionary blog. hahah. cuz thats literally all that my life revolves around here and literally all my pics are hahaha.  Well enjoy the food from around the world through these low quality photos (: lol I LOVE YOU



No comments:

Post a Comment