Monday, July 17, 2017

Olive Oil?

Hola mi familia (:(:
It’s that time again and this week on the Florida nut case show: 
WHAT A WEEK!  But such a good one! It flew, as time seems to really being doing right now!  I ended my time in cute little Miramar, we had our final hoorah with the cute members, said goodbye to Monica, who just bawled when we told her that we were leaving.  All the members died when they found out I was leaving too and that elders were coming in hahah.  But it’s fun because they are still in my district so I can ask them about anyone anytime that I would so desire.  Seriously grew to just love that area and those people.  One transfer is not enough in one area.)  Anywhoo, I said goodbye to Sister Call, who is CHILLIN AT HOME RIGHT NOW???!!  It id so weird haha, and said hello to SISTER MURDOCK, my cute new comp from Kaysville Utah, a fellow Davis Dart. (:  We saw each other at transfers and just lost it.  Still cannot believe that we are together and in HIALEAH.  We immediately just hit it off, and then got to the house and got immediately overwhelmed lol, because everything was a fat mess, there was really not too many notes on anything about the area, and we pretty much started from ground zero. But after cleaning out our entire house, scrubbing it from head to toe, 3 garbage cans later, hours of sorting and calling members, getting our 50 page ward list printed off (literally everyone is less active) we are ready to be ourselves again and go full gas no breaks and just have a party while we do it!
I am serving a mission in straight little Cuba right now so that is just making it all the more fun. Seriously every human here is from Cuba. Their Spanish is so nast, but I am determined to get a good Cuban man impersonation by the time that I am done here, haha, which hopefully is awhile.  With President Garns, he has told us that he is going to be having us stay in our areas for longer now, which just really makes me happy. I feel that is going to help the mission improve so much.  I just really want to make a mark and make a difference in this part of the Lords vineyard.  We decided that we were going to try and know every member by name and well, and since literally everyone and their dog is named Maria and Jose and last names like Hernandez, Lopez, Garcia, Rivera lol, we decided that pictures were the way to go.  Yesterday we took pictures of almost every member and us and the Elders are making a book.  Best thing we ever did do (: 
Well speaking of Cubans, bless their little hearts.  We went to go see this man Chester lol (just that name gives me the geebers) but his dad answered and told us that he was not home as he was test-driving his car.  He happened to put olive oil in the car instead of normal automobile oil?  Oh honey, good work, definitely got a good kick out of that one.  Poor thing!  Chester needed a prayer no doubt. 
We were not able to find too many people these last few days, but I know now that we are back on our feet, we are just going to have a wonderful week of miracles and finding.  It’s been nothing but a BLAST living with my little HIJA SISTER BINGHAM again!  It was so weird just like being together, but like not being comps, but we are figuring it out!  She is just the freaking best, and I consider it the biggest blessing that the Lord has put me back in her presence again. 

Met the Fuentes family last night, from Venezuela. They made me probably the best empanadas that I have ever had in my life. FAM. I will attempt to learn so I can make this for you.  You would die.  They are the sweetest family I think I have ever met.  Just made us literally feel like family from the second that we walked into their door. T his ward is already amazing, I can already tell.  Except the Bishop has some weird thing with missionaries, but we are going to change that (: He doesn't let them come to ward council?  Which is like a huge no no.  But don’t fret.  After a good talk on the phone with him, guess who got us into ward council?? (: ya tu sabes. lol.  Its gonna’ be fun. 

Well Life is just good.  It is stressful but good.  No complaints here.  Not even the humidity (: Got a quick quote that I read this week that I wanna’ share: "If everything had to be known, if everything has to be explained, then there is no need for faith.  Faith to be faith must go into the unknown.  Faith to be faith must walk to the edge of light, and then a few steps into the darkness."  Take a few steps into that darkness this week.  It will never lead you astray. 
I am so beyond grateful for the things that I am learning each and everyday.  I consider this the biggest blessing.  I feel so blessed and feel so much love. Keep rockin’ it everyone. I just love y’all so dang much. 
Tune in next week folkssss. (: This is Hermana Dimond and your watching Disney Channel (draws with the wand). (lol sorry I had to)
xoxox 
Hermana Dimond

Saying goodbye to Monica.


Saying bye to the gals and the nicest missionary house ever!

The Three Generation pic

Elder Lewis.  Literally my older brother.  Love this man!

Sis. Bingham sick once again.

And we back kids!  (:  the duo is back! 

WE'VE GOT A BANANA TREE IN THE BACK YARDDD

SIS MURDOCKKKKKK (: 

The Fuentes fammmm, Oh I love them!

Best food in the freaking world. Venezuelan food !






No comments:

Post a Comment