Monday, July 24, 2017

Bathroom Stops for Days

HEYYYOOOOO!!!! ITS THE DAY. . .LUNES!  Your fav. J/K. MY FAV (: 

What a crazy good week here in Hialeah! I am honestly so shocked that July is almost over and I’m not like absolutely DYING of heat.  Like definitely it is humid as heck, but either its better then I thought it would be, I'm getting used to it, or I just prepared for the absolute worst, because its not terrible. (: SO BLESSINGS.  But it still is hot so I’m drinking water like its my day job, and poor Sister Murdock is just getting the effects from it.  Hahah, we literally get anywhere, and I’m like "girl sorry we gotta go, I have to go the bathroom so bad".  Hahah, she’s such a trooper.  We are literally just like best friends.  We just crack up all the time and are just really working so hard together and having so much fun while we do it!  We finally feel like we are understanding our area a little better and starting to get a grip on things, which ya know, is always a good thing (:  Our ward is boss.  Our ward mission leader Gabriel Banderas is an RM so he just totally gets it and helps us all the time and is such a homie.  Its really hard tho as our Bishop is so awesome too, but he has had some bad experience with missionaries in the past, so he has some pretty weird trust issues with missionaries in general.  It is something we are going to work really hard with while we are here, to try and get rid of that, because the work can’t progress when there is weird tension like that. 

Well a few of the highlights from the week: 

-One day while knocking, mother nature just decides to do the daily down pour, so we were just drenched outside, but took shelter under a palm leaf, so all is well (:  I kind of wish I could have been a person to drive past us during that, comedy!

-One of my favorite parts about being a Sister Training Leader is just getting to go on exchanges with the other sisters, and just getting to meet them.  This week I got to go to the Silver Lakes area for a day, and I got to go back with Sister Monson, who I lived with last transfer.  It was so fun to be with her, and just learn from her.  There is so much to learn from everyone and I just love it so much.  So many things that she does that I want to implement into my missionary work.  Its always on those exchanges that I am like, "so why am I the "leader" in this again?  I just always feel so inadequate, especially when I am the younger missionary on the exchange, but I am just learning to trust in the Spirit and the Lord more and more each day.  As part of he exchange though, we went and did service in her area at a place called Flamingo Gardens, which is like a huge animal and botanical garden. Literally we got there, and they LOVE the missionaries, so our "job" was pretty much to walk around the whole park and pick up peacock feathers and trash, while touring the park.  So yeah, best service day ever I would say.  Until it started DUMPING of course (: you are either wet out here from rain or humidity.  You just gotta take your pick.  We also went to this old folks home and taught the sassiest Cuban women ever.  Hahaha, but they were all just in tears with what we were saying.  Cutest little ladies.

-Crazy crazy coming home one night TO A HAND DELIVERED PACKAGE TO YOUR HOUSE FROM ONE OF YOUR BFFS EVER CHAN!  I think I would have died if I would have seen him and his family though, but it just made my day! (: 

-Well we don’t have any super solid investigators right now, which is kind of a bummer, but that is just getting us more and more fired up each and every day to go out harder and harder and find those people who are ready to hear of OUR voices, even if it is in our Gringa Espanol (:  Everyone thinks that I am from Columbia or Brazil though, so not sure if that’s a good thing or not?)  A scripture that I loved this week I found in Lamentations 3:25 and it says, "The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.”  Sometimes the best things in life come with time and with patience. Patience is a virtue and one that I am striving each and everyday to develop more and more. The Lord has so many marvelous things in store for each of us, we just need to wait and LISTEN. 

Excited to see miracles this week. I hope you all have the best one. Keep smiling. 

Until next week, that’s all from the sunshine state itself, 

xoxoxo
Hermana Dimond 

My home gal Sister Monson (: 



And the package from Chan Chan and his fam !!! Craziest surprise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment