Monday, April 24, 2017

VERONICA AND MARIA FOR THE WIN

HIIIIIIIIIIII ya little goobers (: Its just good ol’ me here. I LOVE YOU ALL 

Well lets just say this week was more of a chill week, as Sister Bingham was sick and MAN DOWN, but we still had a fab week, still lots of things to smile about! (: We don't exactly know what came over Sister Bingham, but we had to go to the doctor Saturday night, and she got some drugs and she’s starting to feel better.  (You know we didn't leave the doctors without getting a sucker and a sticker. It just wouldn't be right.  They definitely thought we were ridiculous tho lol).  But now my body is just being a trooper and just has been trying to fight it all week.  Its wanting to give in, but I have been overdosing on vitamin C, and I just REFUSE to get it, So I wont (: we will be good.  Haha, but I do have to say that Sister Bingham did make a purchase of those sick masks this week, and she has been wearing them around to try and "help" from getting us all sick.  Hahaha! It has been too funny to do our studies and planning and just look up to see her wearing it.  I can’t take her seriously, she looks like she has a plague, but we’re still getting the work done. (: 

Well just some highlights from the week:

-Currently living with Sister Smith from Layton, Utah and Sister Rosario from the Dominican Republic. Love them both to death.  Sister Rosario and I have been doing a good trade off these past few days though.  I have been teaching her lots more English and she has been teaching me some more Spanish.  One of this weeks endeavor was trying to get her to hear and understand the difference between the word "beach" and the good old “b” word.  Hahaha! I may have had to swear a few times to help her out, all in good effort to help the language.  Hahaha!  it was definitely an experience.  I didn't really realize how similar those words sounded. 

-We were teaching Linet this week with one of my favorite members Hermana Montero, and Linet was in tears again in the lesson. She just knows how true this gospel is, and she was just so overcome with the Spirit. It was so spiritual and special, and then best part was, she told us that she wants to be baptized MAY 13th!!!!!!!! I about had a heart attack.  Straight up.  That weekend will truly be the best!! My b-day, mothers day, AND BEST OF ALL LINETS BAPTISM????  What?  Oh she is just so so special and just has such a strong testimony. I love her. 

-WELL BEST THING OF ALL!!!!!!!! MARIA AND VERONICA GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!  Oh my heavens, there are not enough words to describe how special and beautiful that day was and how big I was smiling and still am smiling (Ya know, other than the fact that literally everyone showed up at 2:08, when the baptism definitely started at 2:00, but ay that’s just Latins for ya. :)  It was the best thing ever. So many members of the ward came to support them both. But one quick side note that I do have to add, that I am still dying over laughing about, was the fact that Sister Bingham and I filled the font, and were getting everything else ready, and didn't even happen to look at it after it was full. Elder Widney, one of the Elders comes in, and sees like tons of dead spiders floating in the water. NAST.  Haha, he goes all handy man mode and makes this fishing net out of a broom stick and a cup and starts going fishing before everyone got there.  Thank heavens for elders.  It reminded me something my dad would have thought of to do. (: 

Anywho, it started and went without a flaw. I was sitting there in the front row with Sister Bingham, literally my sister, to my left, with Veronica and her two children and Maria to my right, and I couldn't help but just look around and feel the happiest feeling of peace and joy.  I had truly witnessed miracles.  I couldn't believe that only about a month or so ago we found sweet Veronica knocking doors.  She was the last door that we knocked that day.  The entire neighborhood was all white and Americans, and we were discouraged and wanted to leave, but we felt like we should knock one more, and that is when we found Veronica.  I think about that day, and what would have happened had we not listened to that prompting of the Spirit.  But because we did, I got to see cute Veronica slowly and carefully step into the font, and rise out of the water with the biggest smile on her face.  Tears filled my eyes.  I just love her so much.  Her conformation blessing was just as special, as it talked about one day her getting to enter into the temple with all of her beautiful family.  I just know she is just the start to the line of faithful and amazing members.  She is such an example.  We are going to start teaching her children this week (: Maria was the same.  Her blessing talked about her serving a mission, and I just could already see it.  There truly is no greater feeling, then bringing other souls unto Christ. 

This work is amazing. I cannot believe I get to be apart of so many miracles and blessings each and every day.  God is so aware and he is so good.  I LOVE this area and ward so much.  I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE.  I will probably have a slight breakdown when that day comes.  But for now, not going to think about it! (:  Gonna keep working hard.  Have the best week ever.  I love you all more than you know! 

xoxo 

Hermana Dimond 

Bishop Vilorios wife and his mom, makin us some Baliadas (from Honduras) 

She is literally one of my mission moms, no doubt. I love them !

They take good care of us!


My goober zone leaders. Elder Lewis and Jean-Louis.  Our district won the weekly challenge, so they came to our district training in Haitian mommy dresses.  Elder Lewis definitely did make a purchase of these dresses. Barf.   Haha, I love them. 



MARIA FERNANDA!  My 16 home girl.  Man she is just amazing.  Her parents came to support her.  I just have so much respect for her.  Doing that without your family and without your parents.  She is just such an example to me, and will be the cutest little missionary one day. <3



VERONICA!!! and MY absolute favorite woman in the whole wide world Hermana Cuparo and Hermana Orellana. These woman have changed my life. They bring the biggest smile to my faces, and those two woman are really a huge part of Veronicas conversion. 




Just mah home girl struttin her stuff.(: literally this is Veronica to a T.
 Hahaha!  She's been joking with me forever, about the poses she was going to do for the pictures I told her we were going to take.  She definitely didn't disappoint.  Oh she is just such a character!  I love it. 






Sister Bingham in her element. lol. 

I get to wake up to this beauty every morning (: 




The Montero family, Jose and Sonia. They are from the Dominican Republic.  Seriously another fav.  Cook the most killer food. SEE, I JUST LOVE THIS WARD. 




No comments:

Post a Comment