Tuesday, January 17, 2017

TRANSFERRING

Hello Hello!! Well yehawww kids the time has come, and I am heading to a new area here in good ol Florida! I am so sad to be leaving my baby area here in the ghetto of Miami. All the great members, investigators, missionaries, etc. but I am excited for this new adventure! Growth always comes through change! I'm heading a little bit more north, so will no longer be the farthest down sister in the mission haha. My new area is called West Palm Beach and its a full Spanish area instead of bilingual, so I am stoked! Have never heard of my new companion, Sister Brown. Shes only one transfer behind me, so we are both just babies, so it should be interesting! haha Both of us literally having no idea whats going on. But ayyy Im up for it! Super excited! I will send my NEW ADDRESS next week when I get it! (: So don't send anything else to the address before. (sorry that was so obvi just still had to clarify lol)

Had some fun this last week with mah girl Sister Hernandez!(: gonna miss that girl. Well first and foremost, I tried Papaya and Cuban churros for the first time so YEET. Second, we met people from Barcelona, Russia, and Iran this week as well.  The man from Iran spoke Persian and from the little English he knew, he was able to teach me how to say DIAMOND in Persian. Hermana ALMAS would be my name if I was chillin in Iran haha. So theres that. But one experience I had this week really touched me.  The other day we were out and about trying to find a former investigator that missionaries a few years ago had taught. We felt very inspired that we needed to go visit this investigator. So when we got to her house and knocked on the door, this man answered and it was clearly a different family then had lived there before and they were not interested. We were bummed out, and a little confused why we felt so prompted to go. As we were walking back to the car we saw this older woman in a wheelchair talking to this young man  outside. We approached her, as we do with everyone, and just intended to leave a pass along card with her. We ended up finding out that this young man she was talking to was her 27 year old son who at 19 was diagnosed of terrible schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. He had ran away from home for four days and hadn't taken any of his medication for those days. He started using marijuana as well which has just messed up his brain. The poor guy was just so lost. His brain was just everywhere.
She was so upset you could tell and I just felt so bad for her. Her as a mother, having to look at her son, and see how much pain he is in and not being able to help him. It broke my heart. So I started talking to him, and for some reason, he started listening to me. I was able to convince him somehow to go inside his home. He got in there, and through all his crazy thoughts that were going through his head about killing people and people after him and things like that, I was able to get him to take his medication that he had been refusing to take. I stared at that young man in the eyes, and literally felt like I was talking to an angel. I know that those sweet mentally unstable souls are just the closest thing we have here to heaven. I felt like I was looking at this man through a different set of eyes. It was the most amazing thing and something I will never forget.  Although we did not convert that woman, I know she was touched. She told us she knew we were sent by God. It was a seed planted for her I am sure. I know the Lord has his perfect timing. We were sent to go try and find that investigator, to really be led to that woman and her son Alex that day. God is watching out for every single one of his sheep.

I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to be a missionary. I am the happiest me. You are truly the most happy when you are serving I am 100% sure of it. Thank you all for serving me and showing me so much love. I feel SO BLESSED.

Excited for this new adventure!

More soon!

Hermana Dimond

My new companion - Sister Brown from Cedar City, Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment