Saturday, August 27, 2016

que pasa mufasa?

Hello cute friends and fam! If you're reading this, props to you!! You are just a genuine person clearly! I feel so blessed to have such a support system cheering me on while I am on this journey. I feel love and prayers everyday and just feel so lucky!

Well this week was great!! By far the best and fastest week thus-far, ya know, of ALL the weeks that I've been here (: haha I am so surprised it is already p day again. But hey I'm not complaining (: so met the most solid homie here at the MTC this week. His name is Kyle Nelson. He is a worker here, probably like late 20s maybe 30 years old, not married, slight receding hairline, works in the research part of the MTC if that tells you anything (yes you can just picture this man in your mind). Monday was one of the worst days that i have had here. our lesson just went terribly and I just felt so defeated. I just said the biggest prayer after the lesson and then we headed to lunch which is where I happened to meet thee Kyle Nelson. haha he is literally THEE funniest human i have ever met, as well as thee weirdest like old man. he informs me and my comps and district of anything we would like to know about the outside world(:. keeps me updated on politics, may or may not have shown me the video of the japan Olympics announcement, the one with Mario, made sure to inform me that Justin Bieber deleted his Instagram account, lets me know the weather for the week, ya know, just the good stuff. He basically is just an answer to my prayers because after hours of studying and teaching it just feels so good to laugh. real hard. haha also my cute friends Camri, Brenley, and Maddie came to the MTC to be investigators for people to teach and they came and found me in the middle of one of my classes. It was so great to see their faces, even just for a few minutes! obviously I couldn't hold back the tears(: I tell ya, this place will do it to ya. God knows when I need a little extra help.

This week me and my trio were made sister training leaders for our zone, basically the zone leaders but for girls. i was honored that we were picked, but considering we have to train the newbies and i literally know nothing and still feel like the newbie, its a little weird. haha but an awesome calling. i am excited! the job comes with phone as well so dad jokes on you, you thought i wouldn't last without a phone. got my self the most beautiful looking restricted flip phone you ever did see (: Sunday the Nashville tribute band came for our devotional and we got to have a concert which was incredible. I don't think there was a dry tear in the whole building. My zone was lucky as well because my branch president knows them and they were staying at his house, so we got to meet them which was cool! If you don't know their music LOOK IT UP! 

This week we taught the most amazing lesson to a women whose husband passed away and we got to share with her all about the plan of salvation, but most importantly God's plan for her. I was able to share my testimony to her about eternal families and of Carson, and at the end of the lesson, we were all just balling in the room together. I have never really felt the spirit so strong. It was the biggest testimony builder to me of the language of the Spirit, rather than the language of Spanish.
Spanish has been a struggle and I often feel discouraged but something I learned this week was found in Ether 12:27, a scripture I have heard over and over. but this time, something different stood out to me, the first sentence, "If men come unto me, I will show unto them their weaknesses." I thought about it differently. Recognizing my faults was a struggle for me at first, because  who wants to focus on their faults? you always try and think about your strenths. But The closer I or we are coming to God, the more visible our weaknesses and faults will appear, that is what i have learned. If I view them negatively, those thoughts are from Satan. I can take those weaknesses and use them as motivation, motivation to learn and grow closer to my Savior. The more I recognize them, the closer I am coming to God. This week I am really going to try and focus on what God needs me to work on, what I need to become better at, because God has far more talents for us, then what we already think we have. we just need to be ready. 

I love this gospel and this work and feel so luck to be here. I have heard the voice of our Savior through the Holy Ghost. I know the voice, and I love the voice. He blesses me far more than I deserve. I pray for you all. Have such a great week!
xoxox Hermana Dimond

 

No comments:

Post a Comment