Saturday, August 20, 2016

Semana Dos

Hola my cute friends and family!! Cant believe it is already Saturday again! People always told me that the days in the MTC feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. I am here to testify that this is not true. Days here feel like MONTHS and weeks feel like seconds (: hahahahah but I absolutely love it. I always joke around that I feel like I am in that "Truman Show" here because I never know what day it is, never know what the weather will be like, and often forget there is an outside world. I will see teachers or people walking into the MTC on their phones and like getting out of their cars and I'm like whoah so weird. hahaha and at night, this mans voice, which is the most monotone voice ever, will come on the intercom and say "quiet time" or "lights out". It still freaks me out sometimes! Im like we are in the literal hunger games. hah this place is just a little missionary snowglobe. Sometimes I just get so claustrophobic, but it is honestly so special. My favorite thing is to just be walking outside passing like 20 picnic tables and watching companionship's teach investigators all in different languages. Like in a matter of 30 feet, there is like ten different languages being spoken, It is seriously the most powerful thing.

Well this week was full of great things. Bonnie L Oscarson came and gave an amazing devotional, all about how the lord has prepared a mission experience JUST for you.  I loved this. I can see that even now with my companions, my district, and my zone. There is something I need to learn from each one of them. There is a reason I have the teachers that I have, and the investigators that I do. The Lord knows ME. He knows everyone perfectly. I am still working on humbling myself completely to realize it. I have realized though that I cannot even begin to comprehend the amount of love that God has for his children. Anyways, speaking of investigators, this week was super special.  We got to continue to teach Wendi, and yesterday we invited her to follow Christs example and be baptized. She said YES! All week I decided to quit stressing about the language. That is not the reason that I am here.  I am here to teach and bring others unto Christ, to be an instrument in the lords hand.  So this entire week, each lesson I would prepare and study so hard, and then as I was going to teach the lesson, would just close my notebook and let the spirit do the rest. I have grown such a testimony of faith. I can do all things because of and through Christ. Even having to explain "committing adultery" in my second week of espanol (: wow what an experience. 

I have been reading a talk called "The Fourth Misisonary" that this girl in my room gave me.  I just want to share a few quotes from it that have really resonated with me: 
"Not only can you change but you do it all the time. Some people do not believe this.  People excuse their failures and their weaknesses by saying "thats just the way I am" or "i am not a morning person" or "I am just shy". To believe that weaknesses and deficiencies in your character are unchangagle is to reject the central truth to the plan of salvation. The central purpose and blessing of life is CHANGE.  It is to be changed, to become more like Christ.  It is to incorporate into your character, the qualities of HIS character.  It is to move from one degree of intelligence and capacity, to the next, and from there to the next, until you see god face to face and know him as he knows you. Every challenge, heartache, trial, unfairness, sadness, and dissapointment is just an opportunity, and opportunity to respond. To respond to be more like Christ". 

Well that is about it for this week.(: Headed out to play some four square, which is legit the biggest deal here it is mind blowing. We were playing yesterday, and the four square court outside is literally in the parking lot in the front of the temple, and this kid in my district who is from Carolina was literally like "oh my word this is the most mormon thing I have ever seen" haha i was dying! 

A mission is hard. boy is it. but I am so happy with this decision that I have made.  "Waste and wear out your life in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness." This is kind of the motto I tell myself every morning as my alarm goes off. My branch president told me something this week that made me smile. "They will need to send an ambulence to pick you up from the airport when you are done. You SHOULD be worn out, beyond exhausted." I have never been so happily exhausted in my life.  Love and pray for you all. Have a great week!

Hermana Dimond 


No comments:

Post a Comment