Saturday, August 13, 2016

Semana Uno

Why hello my favorite people EVER!! This is Hermana Dimond coming at you live from the MTC laundry room wassup wassup!! (: wow what a past couple of days this has been. This place is literally Lone Peak High school. Anytime I walk outside or in the cafeteria, I see someone. It is so fun though and thee biggest blessing for me. Hermana Reagan Curtis (I am trying my hardest to not just call her reags wow but its still so weird for me haha) is in my zone and sleeps right next door to me with Hermana Mckenzie Walker from Elementary. And Sister Nielson sleeps the floor above me. I see them all the time and we just get to talk every night. Anytime I just get overwhelmed with this whole experience I just look around me and see so many people I know, and then thousands of other people I dont, and remember we are all in the same boat.  Everyone here is so nice.  Me and my comps will walk by any sister or elders and they will just yell HELLO HERMANAS and it just makes my day. I love being called a sister.

Well from the minute I got dropped off I have just been in a pretty strict routine, always doing something! I am going to be straight up, these have been thee longest four days of my entire life (mostly because I havent started my day at 6 am since idk like Junior Year hahah). Thursday, my second day, we had already done personal study, and three hours of language study and it was only 11:30 and I was like "what?" i am litterally ready for bed haha. but I pray all the time to stay alert and attentive and I have been, and I feel so blessed. We were sitting inside for literally 13 hours the first two days and I came into my room at night and just started like sprinting around freaking out. I was like I am pretty sure I am going to have blood clots after this six weeks.  But we have now been given exercise time at the gym and on the field and me and my comps just sprint around and play which is the BEST feeling in the world to let down for a minute!

It is so good here. I feel so productive. I am working so hard, the hardest I have ever worked at something, and it is so rewarding to see myself progress in the knowledge of this gospel as well as in the language. 

The gift of tongues is so real.  It is amazing. In these past few days I have already learned how to pray and bear my testimony in espanol, not well, but I have done it.  haha one of my favorite hermanas that is in the room, she told me, "oh dont even worry you will totally know how to teach the whole first lesson in espanol, but still wont know how to conjagate (literally dont know how to spell its fine) a verb). thats the mtc for you. haha. Me and my companions taught our first lesson yesterday to a woman named Wendi. I have probably taken the most spanish out of any of us, so I taught most the lesson. There was so much I wanted to say, and I just didn't know the words to say it.  I felt discouraged during the lesson, and then walked away thinking, "I dont even know how I just did what I did." haha Things that I asked her I couldn't even tell you how to say in espanol right now. But some how I managed to ask her if we could meet with her again and she said yes so monday we will see her again. The gift of tongues is real and I know if ye have the desires in your heart, the lord can help you with anything.  A quote I read this week, "without the spirit you will never succeed, regardless of your talents and abilities." I have been so humbled and have seen this first hand. 

I know this will be thee hardest thing I ever do, but I feel so blessed to be able to be a missionary. To have such a great district who helps me, as well as the most supportive family and friends. But mostly to have the greatest supporter and comforter always cheering me on, my Savoir Jesus Christ.  I pray to him at least 25 times a day, and all my prayers are answered. He knows me as well as all of you individually and just WANTS so badly to help us if we ask him.   All is well here. I wish you all the best week. Con mucho amor

Hermana Dimond

No comments:

Post a Comment