Saturday, September 3, 2016

Bats

HOLA mi familia y mi amigos!!!! Another week down say what? Wow I cannot believe it is P-Day again already! This week was so so good!!! It is flying by! I am so excited to go to Florida but honestly as gross as it sounds, I am gonna be so sad to leave here.  Like I LOVE the CCM.  I love everyone here.  I love seeing familiar faces, and I have just made the best of friends as well. I love Utah and just am enjoying these last two weeks with no humidity! (:  We go outside to study and its the best time of the day. we just look up at the leaves changing on the mountains and I have never wanted to go on a canyon drive more in my life ha ha ha but all is well!  I just like to pretend I’m in a jeep driving through the canyon its fine

So this week started off super different because our trio got split up!! A new Hermana came into our district so Hermana Osborne was asked to be put with her.  It was so different doing everything with just Hermana Latimer and I, especially teaching, because we have just always had us three, so more people to try and coordinate talking with. It sounds dumb, but it was actually hard.  Although it was sad to have her leave our trio, it has been really good to start teaching and studying just us two and getting to prep a little more for what the field will be like.  I have been blessed with seriously the best comp. We seriously just are always laughing and we just read each other’s minds. This week we continued to teach our investigator Viri, who we were having a really hard time connecting with and finding out what she really needs at first.  But this week the lessons ended up going so well she has committed to Baptism!!!  She is one of the hardest investigators here apparently, and I just can’t even describe my love for her.  I look forward to seeing her.  It has made me so so so excited to think this is the feeling I can be having for the next year and a half if I work hard and am fully trusting in the Lord, because it is only through him that conversion happens.  

This week has also had some just absolute classic moments. So first off, my residency building is currently infested with bats.  Yes.  Bats. Ha ha ha ha.  The other day there is this urgent message over the intercom for all sisters to attend this meeting.  We think it is about modesty, cuz literally it ALWAYS is.  So we go just prepping to hear about skirt lengths and stuff, and the President of the MTC gets up and says, "so ladies we are having a bit of a bat problem" WHAT?  We died.  Apparently a chick was bit by one and has tested positive for rabies so yep, that’s that.  We got evacuated from our building today and have been put in a boys dorm, so our bathrooms are straight urinals.  WASUP ha ha ha.  Too good! We just crack up thinking about it.  Clearly I didn’t need to go out of the country to get the full mission effect (: just needed to hit up Provo, Utah. 

Something else that just made me laugh (maybe this is just pure comedy to me cuz currently am so sheltered right now ha ha) but after the devotionals we get to watch a church movie of our choice.  This week we decided to go to "Legacy" this pioneer movie.  The main characters end up liking each other and have this kissing scene, but like literally a peck, but you should have HEARD the room! Ha ha ha like hundreds of elders were just out of control.  It was SO funny.  Just cat calling and freaking out, I was like yes, only in the MTC would a pioneer Mormon movie make people freak the freak out. 

At exercise time yesterday Hermana Latty and I are running around the track just like belting (but not belting) the "First Vision" and "The Baptismal Interview" and the "Missionary Purpose" in Española with all these elders like it was literally so normal ha ha.  We walk out of the gym and I was like, "what on earth were we just doing?  Ha ha just sprinting while reciting pure doctrine" the mish life tho!

Last thing. So we have service every week and literally everyone as to clean bathrooms and scrub bricks except for Latty and I, I am still not sure how we got so lucky.  This week we were asked to choose 18 flags from all over the world to go hang up in front of the MTC on the flagpoles, as they change them out every few weeks.  So I totally chose all my friends flags who are serving all over the world right now (: (all the flags that they have).  Love that I have my bestest friends representing Christ ALL OVER THE WORLD RIGHT NOW. 

Things are so great here! I feel so blessed. I am trying my hardest to be the best that I can possibly be. My Branch President, President Lords, said something to me this week that has really resonated with me. He said, "just like a grocery store line, there is someone who always chooses the quicker line, who is always moving quicker and faster than you, no matter how hard you try. You always seem to focus on that one person. WELL STOP! DON'T WORRY!" I loved this. There are so many incredible people here in the CCM, and especially in our church and communities. We cannot compare ourselves. The Lord knows you each individually. Don't try to become someone else, just become a better you. Becoming better does not work through fear, it works through faith.  I hope you all have the best week! Go up the canyon for me will y’all? (: thanks for everyone’s love and support. I wouldn't be here today without you!

xoxoxo


Hermana Dimond 

No comments:

Post a Comment