Monday, November 27, 2017

South Park Helping Out?

HAPPY LATE NO SELF CONTROL DAY!!! (:(:(: 

Hope you all pigged as much as we did, especially the Elders.  Literally do not know what goes through their minds when they think it is a casual thing to say yes to 3 Thanksgiving meal appointments?  Bless their souls.  They came to ours, and it was the last one they went to, and they literally just looked in pain.  Thanksgiving was a blast, however, I missed my raspberry pretzel jello (for those of you who don't know what it is, it sounds nast but until you try it, you cannot judge).  When I found out Sister Staffieris family eats that too I died.  So we tried to go all mom mode and make it, and lets just say.... we are not moms yet and I am just going to leave that delicacy up to aunt Julie (: miss you hun!

Well this week was a bit of a harder week. You would think that with Thanksgiving people would just be so "thanksgivingyyy" and want to learn and invite you in, but quite the contrary actually.  It was much slower but we still just tried to work hard everyday.  We are literally to the point where we just think the same thoughts now.  We have read each others minds one to many times this week.  We just die every time it happens.  Man she is just my sis. Love her. 

-Had to laugh cuz we found a cute YSA aged girl this week, Becca.  She had only heard of the Mormons from "South Park".  She had nothing bad to say and said they were portrayed as the nicest family ever.  So she wanted to learn more.  LOL.  AY at least it was good advertising. 

-I tried my first crab leg.

-We went to go invite one of our neighbors to the giant Nativity that our Stake is putting on this weekend, and in return the man handed me a steak right off his grill.  I got a steak, he got an invite.  Bless up.

-We were sitting in the Sacrament room, just about one minute before it was to start, and we start getting a call.  So we run outside and answer the phone.  I about died when I picked it up.  Low and behold it was Gladys, from last Sunday.  She was calling just freaking out saying that she was ready and had been waiting for her ride.  HAHAH.  Oh my word.  Bless one of our members Sister Forrester, she went and picked her up.  She told us that she would be there every week unless she was dead.  She doesn't really retain anything from what we have been seeing, but we decided this was probably God's way of telling us, "you don't get to decide for her."  So it was a humbling experience and needless to say, we are going to go over this week and try and teach her.  I will take a pic (:  She is the cutest. 

-Two of the days though were spent at our Zone Conferences as two weeks ago, we were having our interviews with President Garns, and I walk in and the first thing that he says to me is, "What do you have for me cuz I have something I need to ask you?" lol.  Haha, well just lay it down on me President.  He ends up telling me that he wanted Sister Staffieri and I to give a training at Zone Conference (which is the conference we have every transfer with all the mission) on daily goal setting and planning sessions, something I just feel like I am not good at in the first place.  I looked at him with just the widest eyes cuz what??  That has never been done before, it is always just a training from him and the Assistants to the President.  I immediately just kinda laughed and told him he should probably pray again.  But he insisted, so low and behold Sister Staffieri and I did so with a lot of prayer. Hopefully we helped and were guided by the spirit to inspire someone. Just really hope people didn't think that we were like "power hungry."  People kept joking and saying that we now have Sister APs.  BARF.  Oh I just give props to those Elders and all they do.  Way to hold the Priesthood.  It is times like those when I am just glad to be a girl (:  It was a very cool experience though, and I think we may have learned more than we could even try and share.  

Sister Garns also shared with us Sisters about having a "Book of Mormon" experience.  As I have been reading lately about Nephi and his family, I have just been so humbled by the fact that it repeats the fact multiple times that "they dwelt in a tent."  Lehi had his visions and miracluas visitations while in a tent. I just know that from this we can all be instruments no matter how inconvenient or glamorous our circumstances may be.  The Lord is ready to use us.  Especially this holiday season. Listen to him and let him guide you. 

I love you loads. Have the best week!

xoxox 
Hermana Dimond 

It is always just food pics lol.  My mission blog could just be a Florida food advertisement!


Pics from Zone Conference 1

Love this goober


Thanksgiving with the Lopez family!






And our attempt at the Jello.  Who would have thought we could just butcher such an easy recipe??? 

The after math, lol!


Love being able to spend full days with other Sisters and learn and grow from them. 


The fammmmmm

The beloved steak. lol!  And on an exchange with Sister Davis.

No comments:

Post a Comment