Monday, November 13, 2017

Oh Owen!

HEYO,

Literally a nuts week, wow!  Normally Sister Staffieri and I are just full of energy and we don't stop (:, but last night we came in and seriously we both looked like we got hit my a bus.  Legit!  Hahah, we just stood in front of the mirror trying to brush our teeth and were just cracking up at how nasty we looked.  Man this week was crazy.  But very rewarding as well.  It is good to stay busy though. I  wouldn't want it any other way. 

The highlights: 

-Tried octopus.  So it may not have been a really good one because I was not really a fan.  Way too chewy for me!
-The rain was pretty nuts this week.  We were just soaking wet.  Love that the Lord is pretty funny though because Sister Staffieri and I of course get into OUR CAR and start even slightly complaining, and next thing you know, guess who we see?  THE ELDERS, on bikes on the side of the road.  Hahaha and they were just smiling so big as they came biking over to us.  Man I just love them. I t just reminded me, TO NEVER COMPLAIN.  Holy cow.  Just find joy in the smallest of things and don't let the little hiccups or inconveniences keep ya down.  Life is just way bigger than that. 

-However the rain was gnarly and did give up some car problems this week.  We were just driving the casual speed on the road and just mobbed through this giant puddle and as we drove out the car literally sounded like it was scrapping itself on the road.  Soooooo we panicked, haha, and took it in to the shop. turns out we must have hit that water pretty hard because our splash guard literally fell out from the bottom of the car.  Yep.  The rain here man.  It creates lakes in the road, watch out!
-This week has just made me realize yet again how much I love being a missionary. We got to help out our Stake at the missionary boot camp that they threw.  We got to take some of the youth out and knock doors and it was just so cute to see how nervous they got and some of the things that worried them.  It just made me realize how long I have been doing this.  It is just second nature now.  But it was so awesome as well as we got to be on this missionary panel after where all the youth got to ask us questions they had about missions and just things like that.  I loved getting to see the future missionaries right before my eyes.  Those kids are such examples to me just by the way they live and for what they are constantly standing up for. 

-We started our first ever Book of Mormon class in our ward this week!  Oh my gosh it was so awesome.  We had such a great turn out from the ward, and from investigators.  It was so cool because Scott came, and literally since then we have just seen the biggest change in him.  He just gets it.  He gets everything. His countenance has changed. He is just happier and more outgoing.  He is wanting to just make changes in his life.  He understands the importance of the Book of Mormon and the strength through reading it everyday.  He can hardly wait for his baptism this Saturday. He is such a unique guy, but we just love him.  The gospel is incredible. 

-Well Scott is just full of surprises as well.  Yesterday at church was insane.  I was standing outside of the sacrament room talking with one of my investigators and all of the sudden this man walks in dressed in some brown pants with a good Hawaiian shirt on and just comes and stands right next to me.  One of our members introduces himself to this man and asks his name.  He goes to tell him that is name is Owen Gustafson, which is the last name of my mother and her side of the family.  I look over at him and just stared and died.  I said, "NO WAY."  He ran over to me and gave me a giant hug.  It was my grandfathers brother who I have never met, well if I did it was when I was like 3 and don't remember, but he lives here in Boynton Beach and has been less active for years and  found out that I was here in this area.  So Saturday he came to the church, hoping to find someone that would help lead him to me, and he came across Scott in the parking lot.  Haah, Scott told him what time I would be at church, so he showed up as told.  It was just way too nuts.  I still don't know him well but he is taking Sister Staffieri and I out to lunch.  This was the first time he has been to church in years.  What an incredible thing.  I know I am here in this area for many other reasons, but what an incredible thing to know that I get to be here for him too.  It really changed my perspective on missionary work when I got to see it in the scheme of changing my own family.  My heart is full. 

 A quote that I loved that I read this week:

"Do I have the faith for something to NOT happen? Righteousness and faith certainly are instrumental in moving mountains, if moving mountains accomplishes God's purposes and is in accordance with his will.  But even with strong faith, many mountains will not be moved." 

I loved that.  This life is hard.  We know that.  We knew that.  That does not change the fact that God does not love us and is not with us.  HE IS.  He loves you all.  I love you all. 

Have a blessed week! 

xoxox 
Hermana Dimond 

Just some nasty Japanese Buffet!

Our zone activity.  I love all these people. Also please take note of the black kid casually just chilling at the end lol. Don't even know who he is.

OUR BOOK OF MORMON CLASS (:(:(: 

The beautiful place that I call home. 

The most genuine man in our ward bought me groceries.  He was talking to me about going vegan and he wants me to do it hahah.  He has seriously ibs and was about to go on pills for blood sugar and he started becoming a vegan and just has completely changed everything.  So therefore he is trying to convert me, hahaha!  Oh Brother Harms!

And good ol OWEN!  He is a character.  Definitely from the Gus side of the family!  Even down to the chapsticked lips and Matt fingers touching hands thing when he talks.  I was dying! 

He did give some insight in gospel principles though.



No comments:

Post a Comment