Monday, December 4, 2017

Palms and Pines and Palms and Pines

"Its beginning to look a lot like Christmassssssss, everywhere we go"!! SIKE!!!  Not one bit but its all good (: I will keep it that way!  The pine trees are starting to be sold here and Christmas lights are coming up.  Any time I see a real tree I just run up to it and embrace the smell.  Oh the canyon.  It just brings me joy.  Man I just love my palm trees, but the pines man, the pines (:  Plus two of my cute sisters gave Sister Staffieri and I one of the little advent calendars with the nasty fake chocolates but the ones ya just love. ya know?  Oh my day was just made. childhood at its finest.  They are so cute  

This week was pretty great! 

-I found out Haitians just do not respect woman (: (:

-President Garns changed the music rule to all hymns now so just been listening to lower lights on REPEAT and loving life.

-I went on an exchange with Sister Osborne, my MTC companion, who is now serving in my same zone.  It was so weird to have a whole day together, and to catch up and see how much we both have chagned and grown! FLASHBACKS FOR DAYS.  Its hard to really see any growth that you have when you are just in your own body hahah but we definitely know that we have grown and it is a great feeling.  The MTC just feels like years ago. hahah doesn't even feel like it happened. 

-We are really utilizing this Christmas season so we decided to go out as a district this week and carol.  Oh it was just so fun! so much French and Creole so we tried to sing the most frenchy song that we knew.  But we invtied everyone and anyone to the Nativity that happened this past weekend in our Stake.  Holy cow it was just incredible.  Friday through Sunday our Stake put on a live nativity as well as huge concerts where 1000s of people came.  The main goal of the whole thing was to tell the community that Mormons believe in Jesus Christ. There were also 100s of little nativity sets inside set up to look like a museum and so we as missionaries took little groups through, most of them being non members.  It was really cool. I wish more people that we personally invited would have come, but I really do think that many miracles are going to come from this event.  So much work was put into it.  It was just incredible.  I wish I could accurately convey it.  And it eneded off with the wonderful Christmas Devo in Salt Lake City.  Just a great end to a great week. 

-So sadly pretty much all of our investigators and people that we have been working with were anti-ed this week. Man I am just so over google.  So over it.  BUT we found the cutest Jamaican family this week.  There was this kid outside so we start talking to him and we eventually bring his mom in a little bit later.  She was busy cleaning and normally people are just done and will not stop, but she just stopped everything she was doing and her and her three sons came out and we had the most amazing lesson in the front of their cute little house.  The boys, ages 10 and 13 are literally the most elect people.  As we were teaching the Restoration they were just asking all sorts of questions and just get it ya know?  Just get it.  Then Jay, one of the kids goes, "sorry I know this is really off topic but I just have a question.  So what happens to the people who are good people, but they made some wrong choices in their life, and they are trying to repent, and probably are not the best.  They deserve to go somewhere a little better then hell right?  Like not with God, but somewhere.  So where do they go?"  Sister Staffieri and I just causally look at each other and just try to keep our mouths from dropping on the floor.  Haha. It was a wonderful miracle. 
 
Don't have much time today but I just feel so overwhelmed with happiness. My entire mission I have been happy, but it has been hard not going to lie.  However this is truly just the happiest that I have been.  I feel so lucky to be where I am, to be exactly where I know the Lord wants me right now.  I am grateful for Sister Staffieri. She has just become one of my best friends. Just a true genuine friend.  People always said you find them on the mission (: 

I love you all to pieces. Have the best week and start enjoyin that snow, cuz I sure will not be (: 

xoxox 
Hermana Dimond

Just the cutest little farmers market. 






Got some cute wild flowers (::(:

Our caroling shin dig and the advent calendars 




Pics from the Nativity (: the camel and all






More from the nativity.  Some of the little nativities inside too!!  Some from all over the world!!!  So cool!






Some of my favs! 




Uncle Owen showed up to church on his scooter (:



No comments:

Post a Comment