Tuesday, October 17, 2017

It's Too Hot

When you blink and it’s Monday again?  I think that is the theme of this transfer.  Time has never gone so fast in my life and I am just trippin’.  I swear I wake up and I feel like I just went to bed and then we have a wonderful day and then the next thing I know I am already getting ready for bed again.  I love being busy and boy have we been.  We have been running around with our heads cut off here and I don’t think that I have ever been more tired in my life, but it is just the most rewarding feeling putting your head on the pillow every night and just being EXHAUSTED and knowing that you did the Lord’s work.  I only wish that I could do it better.  But that’s why we are here right?  To learn and to TRY.  And we are gonna fail and fall, but that is why we need our Savior.  I am so grateful for his patience with me.  Boy does he need it, haha! 

Well this week. Just good things man. Lots of laughs that’s all I can say:

- Knocking doors is just always my favorite time, not because it’s just the most enjoyable thing, but because we just always have the most nuts experiences.  This week we happened to knock into a Muslim family from Morocco and don’t even fret, I WAS corrected on the proper way to say Muslim, but I also decided that I would like to move to Morocco.  That place just looks unreal.  And although the cute family that we talked to really wanted nothing to do with our message, they did end up loving us and wouldn't let us leave without taking these Moroccan dresses.  So there ya have it kids.  My closet is now graced with a Moroccan dress.  Blessings.

-We also happened to be lucky enough to knock into a anti-Mormon who so lovingly showed us the "Book of Mormon" Broadway musical thing from YouTube.  Gotta just love civil kind people (:  I definitely bit my tongue for a good minute and then finally just couldn't handle it anymore and tapped the little pause button on his phone and told him I think we were good. 

-We went to visit a less active and her reason for not coming to church is that "it is too hot".  Ya Sister Staffieri and I just sat there for a few seconds in silent as we both were trying to wrap our heads around that statement?  Hun, you live in the wrong state then I hate to break it to ya cuz yes, it is hot. and it is always hot. 

-Aside from just funny people we did have some very powerful experiences.  Right now we are teaching Robert, an 18 year old who is living with one of our members. He has been coming to church for much of his life, on and off, but he is now 18 and really wants to take the step and be baptized.  He is SO COOL.  Oh my word, he has been going to seminary at 5 am everyday this year and his whole class didn't even know that he wasn't a member.  Dedication.  I can tell you that I definitely did not go at 5 am to seminary.  He is awesome!  When your investigator uses the word "steadfast" in answer to a question that you asked him, you just want to jump for joy.  He is just wonderful and we are just so happy for him.  Every time that I am with him I just see him as a future missionary.  That is not in his plans right now but I hope that we can start taking him out with us and inviting him to pray about it.  He would be incredible.  This last week we were able to kneel down with him and pray about his baptism date, a date that he felt the Lord would help him be ready by.  He came up with two dates and when we came back a few days later, he had continued praying and felt that October 28th was the day for him.  We are so excited!! (: 

-This week we also went to one of our investigators, and while we were walking to her house, there was a man sitting about 20 feet away from us on the curb smoking and covered in tats.  I immediately thought, there is no way this man is going to listen to anything that I have to say.  But right then is when I felt the Spirit so strongly pretty much YELL to me (which it never does) and say, "OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND TALK TO THIS MAN".  I had no clue what to say but I opened my mouth and the Spirit just took over.  After like 20 minutes we found out that he used to meet with the elders and then his life just got crazy.  As well that his ex wife and his son were actually living in Utah right now and were just recently baptized!!  I just died.  We taught him right there.  I plopped down next to him on the curb and I am so glad I did.  It is times like that when I am so grateful for the Spirit and only pray that I can heed its promptings more.  I cannot even imagine if I wouldn't have opened my mouth. 

I am just so happy.  Man.  Just so happy!  I know I am exactly where I need to be. (: 
I hope you all just have the best week. I love you all lots!! Please everyone go up the canyon for me. All these pictures of fall are killing me.  You’re all the best! 

xxoxox 

Hermana Dimond 

BEACH FUN (:(: 


We did a BBQ beach zone activity.  Partay!





More from the BBQ.  Elder Jones just being a dad and grillin us up some dogs! 


My galsssss!  Man I love them.  This is who I live with rn.

When you decide to take a good district pic outside of the church dumpster.






Love when you get the nice little yellow pole right in there good effect ya know, just a pop of color!

And my District Leader Elder Dick.  Yep, Elder Dick. 



And mom. dont' worry I am still doing well talking with people. got Sister Staffierir and I some free frozen yogurt.

Went to Jupiter Donuts for Sister Muniz b-day during exercise.  What a wonderful exercise. 




Sis Muniz!  My cute girl form Brazillllll 

And outside Robert's house.  I am going to have chickens when I get home! 

Robert



No comments:

Post a Comment