Monday, October 2, 2017

"Faith can move mountains but don’t be surprised if God gives you a shovel.”

HEYO Fam! Its me again. 

What? Wasn't I just here, I swear, its chill.  But this time it is OCTOBER 2 and I am pretty much dying inside. Where on earth is the time going?  Who even knows?  This is nuts.  But it was another great week.  And I am doing great!  It was a crazy one tho as Monday night we had our transfer calls and Sister Murdock and I found out we were BOTH leaving the area so we had to go say bye to everyone, all of our cute members, and get all ready to leave.  Man I just love the Hialeah area and those members.  It is just crazy how much you grow to love every ward and how these people have become like my family.  They are just the cutest because when the members found out that us and Elder Jones were all leaving the ward threw us a surprise going away party.  It was the cutest thing and they pretty much had a going away testimony meeting for us hahaha they just had us all in tears. 

Well Wednesday I said bye to my bff jill Sister Murdock and I am now with Sister Staffieri who is just fab.  And its just nuts because along time ago before I even knew her she told me came up to me at a random conference that we had and told me that she knew my friend Camri, well kind of knew her haha, that Camri was serving in her home ward.  Any who, so like 6 months later, now we are serving together and after talking, Camri is still serving in her home ward and has pretty much replaced Sister Staffieri in her house haha.  The Mormon world man.  Its small.  But it has been fun to be up much more north and although I miss Spanish so much, it is cool to be English speaking and feeling like I can completely express myself again.  This area is booming though, we don't even have enough time in the day to visit everyone and do all that we need to do so that is a great thing.  

We are teaching a really cool guy named Sergio, who just showed up at church last week.  He is a 30 year old quadriplegic as he was in a major car accident about a year and half ago and it is just such a tender subject to him, but we were able to teach one of the most powerful Plan of Salvations that I have ever taught.  The Spirit just took over and we were just sharing things that I had never shared before in that lesson and it was just incredible.  He is more of a reserved guy but very cool and has been so touched by the things that he is learning, especially about what will be possible for him again after this life.  I am really excited to get to be apart of his journey. 

We are also teaching another guy named Scott, who is currently living in a halfway house and a recovering drug addict.  He has a member friend who is less active but they both came to church so we are starting to work with them but It is so interesting to teach him as we teach him in a way that I have never taught anyone, it is all just so focused on the Savior and the Atonement, which obviously it should always be, but it has just been so personal to him.  I have no clue how everything is going to work with him, but he really wanted to come down and do service with us in the keys this weekend (as we went down again all weekend) and so our members were so boss and made arrangements so he could come down with us (seriously I just die at the members out here.  They are so strong and incredible.  You have to be).  Although they may or may not have been vaping on and off during the service (: they were down there and surrounded by members and were just great.  It was a special thing. 

We sadly did not get to watch conference as we were back down in the Keys for another weekend, so a win loose situation I guess.  So great to go back down and help but bummer not to hear any of the conference.  It sounded amazing so I hope you all enjoyed and are refilled (:  Hopefully we will get some time this week to catch up a little on it.  But man I am just exhausted.  I think this week was the week that everything has been catching up on me. We have been having to wake up at like 3:15 a.m. to leave and then we don't sleep too well down there camping and everything, and then working out there for 12 hours a day for the past three weekends, it has been starting to take a toll.  So as much as I would love to go back down one more weekend to help those sweet people I hope we can have a week break.  

Met the coolest people tho, including a cute woman from Ukraine, which just made me think of my cute friend Nicholas who is currently serving there.  I got to talk to her for a while as we were clearing her acre and a half lot of trees and roofing etc, and just hearing a little bit more about her country and it is just crazy, we are just so blessed.  Florida is just incredible as you just get a little bit of everywhere.  Truly every person I have met I have been so touched by and I know that we have just planted the biggest seeds.  I know that the Lord is preparing miracles for us as well as we are slowly returning back to becoming normal missionaries. 

I had to share this quote that I heard this week as I feel like it is just so fitting. "Faith can move mountains but don't be surprised if God gives you a shovel." I feel like this is something that I have really come to learn. We can do anything with the help of the Lord, but that still doesn't mean that it is going to be easy. 

I love you all so much you have no clue.  Thanks for being you and for being the biggest examples to me.  Have the best week! 

xoxox 
Hermana Dimond

New Address:

2301 South Congress Ave #113
Boynton Beach, Florida 33426

This is one of the houses that we worked on.  This is their literal backyard. INSANE! 





Gabby Madriz and Sister Madriz. LITERALLY MY FAMILY.  They speak no English but are moving to Utah in February when their daughter gets done with her mission in Arizona!  Literally I am going to just be at their house all the time!  I am so excited for you to meet them!  They are my fav humans I have met on the mission. seriosuly they are the ones that threw us the party when we left!









The cute partyyyyy love them 

Lol and our ward mission leader.  Just another bff 



Sister Bingham made us a going away breakfast.  Cutie pattotie (: 




Saying goobye to elder lewis......

and SISTER STAFFIERI!!! (: it just dumped rain when we were trying to load all of our stuff into the cars hahaha too fun 


and back to the Keys

Found crabs while cleaning 


Working on the beachhhhhh 



Luda from Ukraine (: 

and saw sister Bingham and Beckstrand down there!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment