Monday, May 8, 2017

Tornado's?? This is a first!

Well its me again (: LONG TIME NO SEE. um   I would like to start this letter by saying I AM LITERALLY THE MOST BLESSED PERSON IN THE WORLD.  I have the best family and friends ever!  I cannot even express my love for you all.  Thank you all so much for your sweet words this week.  It meant so much.  It is truly because of all of you that I am out here, and the person that I am today.   Thanks for all your love and support, and just enduring through these emails haha.  I know they are nothing special, but you truly are all just the best!  Don’t ever forget that. 

Well this last week was splendid.  It was a much different and much more of a calm week to say the least.  Not too much of a successful one, but ya know, Satan is real, and you gotta have bad days to know good days, so I just know this week is going to be GREAT (: But I will just do a quick rundown of some highlights for anyone who cares to read further hahah :

-This week Sister Bingham and I were out proselyting and as we are out, the weather just starts getting so nasty, but that didn't faze us.  We just pulled our hair right up, didn't even bother to grab an umbrella cuz it is literally pointless out here, and headed out to knock.  But mid way through we get a call from our Zone Leaders telling us that we need to head home as there was a tornado in Bellglade, which is just the city right next to ours, and it was coming for West Palm.  They said it wasn't anything to be too worried about.  The lightning and thunder was crazyyyy, and it never ended up coming up here, which was great, but ya know, I just love it.  I am going through things that I have never even had to worry about in my whole life before.  Haha, like a tornado?  Utah?  What?  No. 

-Well I just thought this was pure comedy. It was Cinco de Mayo this week, and ya know, for the first time in about 9 months, that was the only day that we did NOT eat Latin food. hmmmmm (: 

-Our Mission President told us last week that we can now go and do baptisms for the dead with our recent converts, and he really encouraged us to do family history for an hour every week.  So this week we started, and met with the Family History missionary for our stake and she hooked us up.  Holy cow I didn't realize how much goes into it.  PROPS to my grandparents.   They are amazing. I am excited to learn more though and just help do the work from that side of the veil too (: 

-Teaching Linet this week. She is the sweetest woman in the whole world.  She told me this week she has already planned out my trip to Puerto Rico to visit her when I’m done with the mission.  Hahah. Well Linet, you know I can't turn down an offer like that. (: But she has just been struggling major these past few months here with her children and trying to help them get situated here in this country.  But we were sent to her the night she needed us most.  We have been working with her for about a month now, and she has had some of the most spiritual and amazing experiences.  She wants nothing more than to be baptized and she KNOWS that this is true.  But she is moving back to Puerto Rico in a month or so, and she is so sad that she is going to have to leave all the ward friends that she has made here, and that has really been a struggle for her, as well as a few doubts about baptism, but we had such a tender mercy at church yesterday.  For some reason there was just this cute couple visiting from Puerto Rico, who lives in the town right next to hers, and they talked with her and told her exactly where the church was by her house, and just calmed so many fears and doubts.  And the crazy thing is, they were only there for the second hour.  They just left.  I have no idea why they came to our ward, or why this week, and only that hour, but I truly know it was inspired and it was for Linet.  God is so good. 

-Teaching Veronicas cute 16 year old daughter this week Lourdes.  She told me a quote this week that made me just chuckle.  Maybe it was because I literally was so tired, just prying my eyes open to stay awake (it was a rougher week hahaha), but I thought I would share. She said, "Sister Dimond, don’t ever forget, you are never alone." I responded with a good ol missionary answer cuz duh.  And she goes, "no like literally, you have so many bugs that live on your hair and your skin, you always have so many pals."  So there you have it kids. Those days that it is so hard, and you feel alone, DON’T FORGET, YOU HAVE GOT SO MANY NASTY BUGS JUST LIVING ON YOU (:(:(:(:  That will help you get through the day. Hahah!

Well this is all for this week. I cannot believe that I am half way through my mission. Time is the weirdest thing. I don’t even know what to think. 

Thanks for everything all ya goobers!

I love you so much! 


xoxox
Hermana Dimond 


We got to put the rain jackets to use this week (:

Saw this woman on the side of the road. Hahahha Literally was like SAME. This is exactly how I felt this week. 











Me and my baby (:









THIS MORNING!!! BEST DAY EVER.  Woke up at 5:45 this morning to go to the beach and see the sunrise and do our personal study. ya know. 9 months out is never too late to FINALLY SEE THE STINKING BEACH. 




Goobers.  My zone leaders.



No comments:

Post a Comment