Monday, March 6, 2017

fdhjsh fd Don't know what to write in these lo siento

Hello my favorite people ever, 

WHAT A WEEK!!! I GOT MY BABY!!!! I AM A MOTHER.  Hahah, well honestly not really, Sister Bingham (my new companion) pretty much came pre-trained into the mission. She is so great and such a great missionary. Pretty sure she will teach me far more than I could ever teach her. "I just work here", has kinda just been my motto this week. (: 

Well what a great first week together! Last Wednesday, we went to transfers and had a trainer/ trainee orientation kind of a thing, and we found out who would be training whom.  Of course Sister Brown (my last comp) and I were running late (shocker, OK but also I blame Florida traffic), and got there a few minutes late. I walked in as the newbies were sharing their testimonies, and the only Sister I got to hear was Sister Bingham's. She looked so familiar to me, but I had no idea why. 5 minutes later, President reads out her name and my name and that we would be together and we just ran and gave each other the biggest hug!!!. I already felt like I knew her.  Turns out, she had actually emailed me a few months ago when she got her call, because one of her professors at BYU who happens to be in my home ward, told her I was here.  Sister Bingham found my email and talked to my mom, and then emailed me, and I gave her a little run down on the pant situation lol (: and told her she was coming to the BEST MISSION EVER and to GET PUMPED.  She said at that moment she knew I would be her trainer, AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED.  Gods got a plan. It’s just the smallest world ever. But I am so happy to be with her and we are just ready to kill it together for these next two transfers in West Palm Beach. (: It was so fun too because we got to get a four generation picture, Sister Bingham, I, Sister Cottrell (my trainer/mom), and Sister Soza (Sister Cottrell’s trainer/mom) right before Sister Soza went home! Too sick!

Well our first night together we had a super awesome miracle!!  Which God knew we needed just a little fire to GET US GOIN haha.  We went knocking and we ended up knocking into the cutest 23 year old gal from the Dominican Republic who had been to our church like 5 times back in her country with her aunt, and came here and has been looking for a church to go to ever since. She had apparently met with some missionaries over there as well.  We ended up teaching the Resto (well I taught most of the Resto, Sister Bingham’s still getting the Spanish flow haha) but we invited her to be baptized and she accepted.  We walked out of there and just said, "GOD IS SO REAL."  First day miracles man!  I know God just has so much in store for us together, so we are excited to just work as hard as we possibly can these next two transfers together and see SOME MIRACLES! (:   In the words of my goober of a Mission President.... "GIDDY UP!"

Well I am sorry this email is so nasty long, but I read a quote from Richard G. Scott that I just want to share real quick, and then I promise you can be done with me lol.

"Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously.  When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more.  He therefor gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion, which polish you for your everlasting benefit.  To get you from where you are, to where he wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort an pain". 

I loved this. I know this applies to all aspects of life. But it really hit me this week. I feel very inadequate as a trainer, but even as a missionary.  Haha like this week, at the training meeting President called on me (as he always loves to mess with me) to say something in Spanish. I TOTALLY butchered it, and we all just start laughing, and I was just like "YEP this is why I have no idea why I am here."  But the Lord always knows what’s best for us.  I know that to be true. He's got a plan for everyone of you.  And often when it is hard, and we are being stretched, he knows we are ready, and He’s got a lot more in store. 

I love you all so much and hope you have the best week! 

Keep Killin’ it!

xoxoxo 

Hermana Dimond 

Peace out Sister Brown 

OUR FOUR GENERATION PIC! Pretty sure we are the only people that have ever gotten this! haha probs not. But we felt sick. 

Me my baby, my mother, my grandmother, and my grandfather. Just a fam pic (:


Sayin bye to mah gal Sister Brown 

Our first pic. and blurry. hashtag SWAG. MI BEBE 

Just a casual day on the freeway miami style 

Best visit ever. The cute Davies family (: what a surprise! 

Elder Mar drew me a master piece <3 

 LOVE THIS WARD.  Had some fun FHEs this week.  Even had a kareoke night the other night (: love it when your actually the best singer there, for the first time in your life.  Because latins are literally TONE DEF 

j chillin at home 


No comments:

Post a Comment