Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Passing out with my pal!

To MY BESTEST PALS 

Wow. Where to even begin?  What a week it has been.  God has just been raining down miracles upon us here in Boynton.  I have just been smiling all week, ya know, obviously smiling through the burning tired eyes, but HEY still smiling (:  I cannot believe how fast the days are going.  It is really starting to freak me out. 

But a quick recap of some of my favorite moments from this week: 

-We taught one too many lessons engulfed with weed and smoke this week, YUMMMM.
-Sister Napier had to go to the doctors this week to get some blood work done.  Definitely held her hand and was her big ol' cheerleader and after they had taken it all and I told her, "You did it pal!  Congrats!!"  Next thing you know she is just pale and passes out.  So I slapped that girl silly.  But she is alive and well, it was pure comedy.  We are still laughing about it 

-Definitely had my last Zone Conference this week.  NUTS.  I really was just so pulled together for the whole thing and then at the end of course we had to whip out the "We Will Bring the World His Truth" song and as we were all singing it together in arms and I just couldn't help but be filled with tears as I looked around me and looked at President and Sister Garns.  They saw me then they started crying.  And then everyone was looking.  Hideous crier its fine.  I just love the FFLM. 

-So we have continued to teach our friend Manny.  What a guy.  I really am just so proud of him. This week we taught him the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity.  The guy is a pretty heavy smoker and coffee and tea drinker but as we were teaching him the Spirit was so strong and he looks at us and says, "I need to do it."  Right then and there he went into his house and gave us his tea and coffee to take and throw it out.  He knew that cigarettes were going to be the real problem but we have made a game plan and every day he is cutting back. Yesterday when we talked to him he had only had ONE for the day.  As we have taught him, we really have been teaching "every lesson" through the eyes of the Savior and the Atonement so when he heard that he knew that it was something that he needed to do.  I have been able to really see the power of Jesus Christ and the atonement work in his life.  He is doing this for Heavenly Father and for his children.  It is so powerful to be able to experience and to be able to help someone change like this.  I feel so overwhelmed with gratitude every time I am with him.  I am so grateful for our wonderful members who are supporting him too.  These people are really just like my family here.

-This week we had a very powerful miracle.  It was Saturday night, we had just been knocking and the clock ticked and reached 8:30 p.m., so we could not knock anymore, but as we were walking back to our car there was a guy that got out of his car, and so we approached him and started talking to him.  After getting to know him a little bit we taught him The Restoration and The Plan of Salvation pretty intermixed in just a few minutes.  He was very intrigued so we invited him to church and we tried to get his information to go back and teach him however he doesn't "believe" in phones etc.  Lol!  So we invited him to church and went on our way, thinking that "hey at least it was a very good seed" but when we showed up at church the next morning, it was Stake Conference so everything was a bit more chaotic then usual, however, I had to use the bathroom in the middle of it, and as we were walking back in I SAW SAM, the man that we OYM'd (aka - Open Your Mind), ( sitting in the congregation!!!  I DIED.  I immediately went back by him and sat by him and during it he turns to me and says, "I think I need to learn more about this Joseph Smith guy. And temples? What are those?"  Oh Sam, boy do we have things for you.  We are having a chapel tour with him on Wednesday (:  It was so cool and such a good reminder to me to talk to EVERYONE!  Every single person deserves a chance.  It is up to us to give them that. 

So many other things I wish I had time to write. 

Thanks for any of you who actually read this. Thanks for supporting me throughout these last 18 months of my life. I love you all you have no idea. 

I LOVE THE MISSION. I LOVE THE FFLM. 

Where is the time going.  Have the best week! I LOVE YOU ALL! 

xoxo
Sister Dimond 


Pictures from Zone Conference





Throwing away Manny's goods :)



Elder Dick casually so invested during President Monson's Funeral.


Sister Napier before the traumatic event!  Hahaha, the nurses exact words, "We are going to take this blood in the name of Jesus" HAHAHA DYING 

No comments:

Post a Comment