Monday, January 8, 2018

FROZEN

AM I IN UTAH???  IT WAS LITERALLY FREEZING HERE!!!!  I COULDN"T EVEN HANDLE IT!!!  Our members are just goons and give us the updates via text.  They informed us that it was a good old 36 degrees here. 

Despite wanting to freeze, it was a wonderful week! (: So much joy! 

Recap cuz no time today: 

-One of our Elders got hit by a car (not a happy thing but he is all good, so happy thing) seriously the Lord is just watching over us so much because I am surprised that we do not have more accidents here considering how bad the drivers are.
-We had a wonderful lesson with our friend Manny this week at the Lopez home and we did it outside by a campfire.  Can I say BLESSED or what?  We taught the Plan of Salvation while bundled next to a fire holding hot chocolate.  Man, Manny is just doing so awesome though.  I have never had an investigator progress like him.  He reads the chapters in that Book of Mormon that we leave him like 6 times before we come back.  He is constantly talking about his baptismal date.  He came to church yesterday.  He is just so happy.  He is really understanding repentance and just changing his life for the better.  I am so proud of him.  I just love that little dad. 

-Scott, Sister Staffieri and I's recent convert bore his testimony yesterday during church and I about died.  It was just the most sincere thing ever and I just couldn't stop smiling.  I have seen his entire life change and he is just becoming that man that he wants to become.  I have seen the gospel in action with him and I just feel so blessed.  It is the most joyous and rewarding feeling seeing somebody that happy and knowing that you were the lucky one that got to bring them that happy message.

-It has been very interesting because for some reason, every person that we have been teaching lately have been people that have no real testimony of God's existence and so we have been having to start from the most simplest of teachings, however, it has been so enlightening.  We were able to have a lesson with Adrian, our investigator that looks like David Archuletta, and we were able to teach him how to pray and the purpose of prayer.  He couldn't meet with us all week but when we met with him on Saturday he said that he had been praying everyone single day that week in the morning afternoon and at night.  He said he didn't think that he would see a difference in his life at all but that he did.  He said that he felt a way that he had never before experienced.  He knew that God was real and was listening, which he had never felt before.  He said that he had a different perspective on the day and the way things turned out as he was more grateful for the little things.  As he was talking my smile was just so big as he proceeded to tell us that he went over to his girlfriend's house this week and before they ate, he asked if he could bless the food and he ended up teaching THEM how to pray.  It was so sweet!  I realized yet again that being a missionary is the best thing in the world.  Sister Napier and I were able to help a son of God know how we can communicate with his father in heaven, something that I have always been taught how to do and have taken for granted. 

I am so blessed.  I am so happy!  Sorry this is such a rushed email.  But all is well! 

So excited for this week and what is ahead. 

I love you all! thanks for all your love! 

Have the best week! 

xoxox 
Sister Dimond 






Our outside grill n chill was turned down because of rain but we had already bought everything so we decided to head to the church and tried to cook our burgers in the church oven. EPIC FAIL.  Best memories. never again will I just say that I am chillin' in the church on a Tuesday afternoon cooking burgers in the oven. haha! 







Lunch on the water with Sharon and Fred at Two Georges. We froze! hahah  But so nice of them! They are the sweetest! 

On an exchange with Sister Hammond.  We found a friend (: 

and THE EVIDENCE OF THE FREEZINGNESS HAHA 



And mission leadership conference!  Sister Murdock and Elder Smith!  I cannot believe we all came in together,  what a journey! 


Our lesson / fire at the Lopez!  This is MANNY! (: Our pal!!!  Best night!  It felt like i was in Utah!







Our members are the best!  They literally took us to dinner at the Old Key Lime House.  Right on the water. S O FUN!  Man the Savelas.  They are just family!




MANNY AT CHURCH!  Excuse my baldness.  Hahaha! 



No comments:

Post a Comment