Tuesday, January 30, 2018

And The Sun Sets

My people,

Wow.  I can hardly believe that I am doing this right now, typing my very last email as a full time missionary. 

What a week.  My heart is so full and I am so overwhelmed with gratitude, love, and peace.  There is so much that I could say; so many wonderful times and people, but all I wish to say is that.

I pray to REMEMBER.  To remember the good days, remember the bad days, and all those right there in between. I pray to remember the moments, the moments of pure joy, exhaustion, sadness, excitement, passion, love, and fulfillment. The moments that I knew I was exactly where I supposed to be.  The moments where the Lord's hand was in my life. T he moments when God answered my prayers, but more importantly the prayers of those around me.  I pray to remember the experiences.  The funny one, the hard ones, the Spirit filled ones too.  I pray to remember the people; their smiles, their love, their homes and their food :), the people who I know were put specifically into MY LIFE and who changed me in every way; who shared their testimonies to me so that I could remember my very own that I once had in the pre mortal world.  I pray to remember the people I tried to help through the service that I rendered.  I pray to remember their reactions and the ways that their lives changed through the added joy and blessings that entered into their lives through the Gospel.  Above all, I pray that I may always remember the WHY, why they were filled with joy, why I am filled with the same joy.  That why is because of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I pray that I may always remember that it is though Him that I am here today and have the hope and the ability to change tomorrow.  He is the why, the why to all things that we do and everything we should do.  I feel so grateful and blessed for these last 18 months that have allowed me to see clearer and smile bigger, to look at everyone as my brothers and sisters, and to see things with a different perspective.  The places I have gone, the people I have met will forever hold the biggest place in my hear.  Florida is my home.  I pray to REMEMBER. 

I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am a daughter of a Heavenly King. I  have a divine potential to become something far greater than anything I could have ever thought for myself. I  know this journey out here was part of that plan and I feel so grateful to you all. 

"In the end, your heart and your will is all that you have to give that the Lord does not already have.  If you give your time, your year and a half, and your strength, you give only that which he grants to you with each beat of your heart and each breath you draw.  If you dedicate your gifts and talents you only return to him what he already has given to you.  If you pay tithing, you only return to him a tenth of what he has given you.  Everything that you have to give to the Lord, has its origin in him expect one thing, your will.  He does not have your heart, nor your mind, unless you give them to him.  It is the only gift you have to offer that he does not already have."  I pray everyday that I gave that to him.  That I can leave it all out here and start the new journey that is ahead of me.  I pray that I may be a disciple and a warrior for Christ. 

I love this Gospel.  I love being a missionary.  I love you all. 

Signing out, (this is tender)

Sister Mikelle Dimond 



Don't mind this "First vision I saw a pillar of light pic" LOL



And saying goodbye.

The Ward literally threw me a going away party!




Spent my last Sunday morning sun rising with my gals!




Our hilarious last Zone activity!

The Squad!




And the Savelas (literally my best friends out here no joke) treated me for some last acai.  Oh how w love them!



Saying goodbye to my people at church.






No comments:

Post a Comment