Monday, August 7, 2017

Bananas

IT WAS A HOT ONE KIDS!!!  What a week!  So kind of a blessing that something is wrong with my body and that I don’t sweat out of my face, cuz I think if I did, people will be running away from the gospel rather than running towards it.  IT WAS SERIOUSLY probably the hottest week yet.  I don’t know if it was just the humidity or what, but it was gnar.  There were some heat warnings I guess.  But there was sun, and when there is sun, there is a happy Sister Dimond, so all was well (: 

A Few highlights here from the good ol’ Sunshine state: 

-There was a cute little homeless man chillin’ outside by our car one day.  We went to talk to him.  He looked like he was vending fruit, because there was a bunch of random veggies and fruit next to him, so to spark a conversation I start asking him if he is selling them.  He tells me NO and starts insisting that I take these bananas that he had.  Hahaha, I was like "what no I’m not going to take his bananas". BUT he insisted like really weirdly and was like looking around as he was handing them to me.  So I walked away from that experience with a bundle of bananas that this cute man may or may not have stolen, but he was a sweet man and I’m sure with the greatest intentions. 

-Sister Bingham and I went running one morning this week to the most beautiful park.  There were like 4 giant hills there.  One of them had this tiny dirt path, with maybe like 3 rocks on it.  So since we are currently just missing the mountains so much, we probably walked up and down that like 20 ft trail path thing a good 10 times.  We felt like we were hiking.  Well we made ourselves feel like we were.  It was a fantastic day to say the least lol. 

-We picked up dinner this week from a member, in Virgin Mary containers.... ? lol.  We had a good laugh. 

-Well probably one of my favorite weeks of the mission so far.  Nothing-crazy special happened. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I honestly just can’t stop smiling.  I feel like this week has been the most inspired and spirit guided week ever.  With President Garns here in the mission, and the things that he is implementing, and just with my own personal goals, everything is just becoming more "spiritually minded" and Sister Murdock and I have really just changed the way we do missionary work and want missionary work to be.  Sadly I have felt that for most of my mission, the way things were done here were so checklist oriented.  Just like teaching more of lessons and having to invite to baptism and making sure they commit right there, etc. etc. etc., rather then completely just going and speaking by the Spirit. But as I attended MCL (Mission Leadership Conference) this week, everything that really has been on my mind about the way things should be going was talked about.  I just love President Garns so much.  He is just such an inspired man and I just have to pick my jaw up off the ground every time he talks.  He just has so much love in his heart, and just wants to do what the Lord wants. He has really got us focusing on OUR PURPOSE here.  He changed it to "Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts.”  I have tried to make that more of my goal, more than it already was, and center everything I say and do on that. 

He said something to me that I think I will just cherish forever.  He said, "As you go up to talk to people, and when you go to knock on their doors, you should feel pretty scared inside, not scared because you don’t know how to talk to people, but scared because you have no idea what these people need, and you don’t know what you are going to say.  But you are so excited because you are ready to listen to what the Holy Ghost is going to tell you to tell them."  I loved that so much.  Sister Murdock and I this week have really just let the Holy Ghost take over in every aspect, and her and I have just seen so many miracles this week!  This sounds so dumb, like "DUH THAT’s what you are supposed to do as a missionary."  But I think it is so easy to just get caught up in what we can and what we think we do well ON OUR OWN, that we loose sight of the Lords power and his influence. 

One last quote from my wizard of a President that I want to finish with:  "Fatigue doesn't come from overwork but rather a lack of interest in what you are doing."  Do what you love.  Because why would you want to waste your time doing anything less.

I love every minute I have here. Doesn't mean it’s easy.  But I love it! 

Keep smiling! I love you all so much! Have the best week! 

xoxox 

Hermana Dimond 

PINCHO FACTORY,. the yummiest place we found !!! 


And thank you Elder Jones.  He has a little too much fun out here!

Buying kumquats from the cute little venders off the side of the road.  Literally every street there is a little fruit stand or a guy selling flowers.   I don't understand how they make money, but ya know. 



MOM!!! WE MADE SCOTCHEROOOSSSS!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my word I felt like I was at home.  Those things bring me so much joy! 


The bananas from the hobo.  Thank you! 

 Just the good ol "chupacabras" district.  Takin our casual district pic with the casual handcart that was j chillin outside the church?  (chupacabra- the big foot equivalent in latin culture) 



This pic doesn't even do it justice, but seriously this tree was just FAT with mangos.  I wanted to just go cut all them down.  These people are nuts.  Letting all these beauties go to waste lol 

Our feelings about this sign?  What the heck is swale?  Literally things like this are necessary here I guess, cuz driving and parking is just a free for all. 

My full day exchange with cute Hermana Carling.

The fuentes fam <3 when Anna Marie literally draws you, and the chick looks like she got electrocuted.  Don't worry, she made sure to include my zit on there too (: shes pretty dang accurate. 

MLC man. mission leadership conference.  Straight up one of my faavorite days of the transfer

Said bye to Sister Cottrell!! SHE'S GOING HOME.  Crazy. 



Elder Lewis.  My actual Bro.  AP life.  Just doing wonders for that kid. (: 


Just me and my bestie Sister Murock 


SISTER HEELY!!!! (: 

And can we just observe this freaking SKETCH SAINT?????????? pretty sure this is a santaria house. Normally we just see like the little saints, but one night we were driving home, and out of the corner of my eye I see this gnarly thing lit up and I MADE sister murdock flip around.  How sketch is this???  I died.  I don't get how people do that sutff.  Anywhooo (: 



No comments:

Post a Comment