Monday, February 6, 2017

Latins and Fast Sundays. Ya right!

Hello LOVES happy LOVE MONTH (:(: 

What a great week here in West Palm! I HAD MY FIRST DREAM IN ESPANOL!  Haha, well at least the first one that I have remembered.  So dumb I know, but honestly just such an accomplishment for me (: So just had to include it.  Well also had a first happen to me (always).  Was kissed by a woman pastor... (on the cheek don't fret but still).  She like attacked me.  She was just so amazed by the work we do as missionaries, and the fact that we were little gringas learning Spanish I guess just pushed her over the edge hahah cuz she just went for it. So lucky me, I had a cute little lipstick mark on my face for the day and I didn't notice. Sister Brown just started BUSTING UP LAUGHING when she noticed it. Im sure everyone we talked to just got a kick outta that.

Well I finally saw the ocean!!!!  We went to visit some former investigators and they just happened to live right on the water.  I was pretty upset about it... HAHA SIKE!  Such a dream!  Not aloud to touch it at all, but not too shabby of a view, not to shabby at all. (:  We ended up knocking on some of the houses around there, and found such a sweet family from El Salvador, so we will see how that goes.  But along with all the beautiful cute colored houses along the beach, the trailer parks are currently my JAM!  I found a CUBAN fam.  My people!!! Hahha. They are just the craziest and speak five jagillion miles an hour, and I think that is why we get along so great!  We just can talk forever!  At least when I understand them haha. But we are teaching the sweetest investigator Haydales and her family, and just hearing their whole story and being in their tiny sweet home with them, reminds me everyday how blessed I am. How much of my life and the millions of blessings I have seen I have just taken for granted.  Such a humbling experience getting to be here and getting to meet people from all over the world, and hear their stories, hear their lives.  Never in my life am I going to be able to have this opportunity again, to just go an enter random peoples homes, and get to learn all about them, feel of their sweet spirits, and share the gospel like this. It truly is a feeling that I cannot describe, and it just brings me so much happiness.  I just lie down in my bed every night SO happy for this opportunity that God has given me. 

Hahaha!  Well the Latin culture just kills me still.  They sure do love their food. Even on fast Sunday they all still have the big ol' bag of chips just chillin' with them in the pews during testimony meeting.  I was just trying so hard not to bust up.  I just love them.  I am so grateful for this area and this ward though, they are too kind to us. Almost too nice!. They practically attacked our investigators yesterday at church. Hahah.  Honestly walking out of church is the biggest breath of fresh air, because it is so dang stressful.  But they just have the sweetest intentions and want to be member missionaries.  There really is opportunities for EVERYONE! I just invite you all to pray for those opportunities, pray for those that specifically need YOU.  They are out there. 

Well sorry this email is just all over the place but the mission is the best!  Its hard to explain it over email. Its hard to explain how I feel, and about all the people that I'm working with, but just know I truly am just happy.  That is all there is to it.  I just want to do what the Lord wants me to do.  I know that my time is short. I cannot believe it has already been six months! WHAT IS LIFE? Its a time warp out here i'll tell ya. Thanks y'all for everything. I am so blessed. 

Have the best week! 

xoxox
Hermana Dimond

No comments:

Post a Comment