Monday, February 13, 2017

Chuchi

GOOD MORNING OR AFTERNOON OR NIGHT (or whatever time you read this) my favorite people ever! What a good week. Lets get real, when is it not? I mean even when its hard, which it most definitely is, there seems to always been too many more things that I just laugh and smile about. So I would quickly like to just share a good ol' quick experience that Sister Brown and I had this week. If you are having a rough day, ya... I just hope you can read this and just realize you could be freak Sister Dimond right now and hopefully that will make you feel a little better.

Well one day this week, we were going to visit one of our investigators who stopped answering our calls (love when that happens :).  So we go and walk up to her house, all ready to just throw down something spiritual, but no, what do we encounter when we open up her gate? Just her nasty little dog who of course was not chained up.  So "Chuchi," this hideous nasty dog, saw his opportunity to be free and dang did he take it. He sprinted out of the gate so dang fast, We literally had no idea what to do.  Of course our investigator wasn't even home, so we couldn't just leave him loose out there, so for literally 25 minutes, I kid you not, Sister Brown and I were full blown running around this trailer park neighborhood chasing this dog around.  You can only imagine how much fun this dog was having just joking with us.  We were literally diving on the ground trying to catch him. HAHA!  I am just laughing just thinking about it.  IT WAS THE WORST!  Literally after 20 minutes I just had no idea what to do. Now don't ask me why, I dont know why it took me 20 mintues to realize that I just need to say a prayer, but it did. So I did. And literally right after I finished this prayer, Sister Brown and I jumped on this dog and brought him back.  Heavenly Father is good.  Even with nasty little latin dogs, he still answers prayers. Gotta love it. That is one experience that I am going to ask the Lord when I get back into heaven to replay for me. Just the high light reals (: 

Well we have still been teaching the sweet Peneda family, the family that we found the very first night I got here in the area. They were our very first door and everything! I am just obsessed with them. They have really opened my eyes of a few things.  First, HOW STINKING DEPRIVED OF FRUIT I HAVE BEEN My WHOLE LIFE.  Sandra, the mom, just tells me of all these fruits and foods that I have never even heard of, and then she hooks me up(: I tried my first passion fruit this week so theres that! Why utah, WHY!??? Well second, they have taught me to just love. They are taking much longer then other investigators because they could talk your dang ear off and just have so many questions, but they really just want to know. And that makes me so happy. They told our Bishop that when we knocked on their door, they felt something that they have never felt before. This sweet family just needs this gospel, and I feel so blessed that for some crazy reason, the Lord has entrusted me and Sister Brown with them right now. I just know they will be baptized, whether it is with me or other missionaries, but they will be baptized. She is pretty much already planning for when I come home from the mission to see her though (: and she said she is taking me to El Salvador.  So fam, looks like we got a free trip to El Salvador (: Dont even know what is there but I'm down (: 
I am just loving this area, and learning so much everyday. I sure thought I was going on a mission to serve the Lord, and try and pay back a little of the debt that I am in to him, but I have just come to realize more and more every day how much more I am in debt. I have learned so much. I am so happy! I feel so blessed. You are all in my thoughts and prayers every day! 

xoxoxo 
Crazy Hermana Dimond 

ps. I am so sorry these emails get more and more scattered and random every week but thank you for loving me anyways (:
Celebrating Sister Browns Big Day!!! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment