Monday, June 12, 2017

Tornado Warnings :P

LOVES!  It’s your girl, Hermana Dimond, back at it again.  Holy frijoles time is cruzin.  What a fab week!  Mostly because it was actually a COOL week and that enough is just blessings alone.  It literally poured every single day this week, and not just poured, like DUMPED, like rain that I have never seen before.  We were out teaching this week and the rain is dumping, the thunder and lightning are striking at the exact same time, and this guys phone does the phone alert thing, and there is a straight tornado warning, so we had to go in for a little so mother nature could chill, but it was like that the whole week. Umbrellas are just a joke here, Haha!  But don't even fret, the heat AND the humidity ARE back, and my hair is just REJOICING, NOT!  But still loving life.  Some highlights from the week: 

-I took up my new profession and became a hair stylist.  Sister Monson that I live with just decided that she was so done with her hair, and so she asked me and Sister Call to cut it.  7 inches later, I did it.  I mean it could be worse.

-Had my last interview with President Richardson.  He already told me about our reunion that we are going to have when I get home.  I am literally so sad that he is leaving.  There won’t be anybody to call me Hermana Diamante anymore.  However, I am excited though to see the huge new changes that the Fort Lauderdale Mission are going to have.

-Definitely not in a Spanish ward anymore, because this week we literally ate at thee best places, no more rice and beans for me (:.  You know that you are with Americans when you go to follow up with a woman that you have never met, and you go to teach her and her husband the first lesson, and then they straight up take you out to Outback Steakhouse after.  Hahaha, WHAT?  Definitely was a first.  A not even real investigator taking you out for dinner???  I’m down.

-We have been helping Monica, Sister Calls sweet recent convert from last transfer, the woman from Barbados, start on her family history this week, as we are planning to take her to the temple this Saturday for her first time to DO BAPTISMS!!!!!  WE ARE SO EXCITED!  I am obsessed with family history now!  And Monica!  Except, not when we are doing it in Monica’s house and the AC is just straight broken and her house is seriously a sauna.  Yep, Sister Dimond was man down.  Hahah!  I am just way too blessed I swear. 

-I got to go on my first full day exchange as a Sister Training Leader.  Had a Sister come into my area and work with me here, while Sister Call left to another area (yikes lol jk).  Literally still feel like I know nothing about missionary work, but feel grateful for the opportunity to serve these sisters.  I just have so much love for them, and just want to do all I can to help them grow.  You don’t really realize all the drama that goes down until you have to take care of it, so just bless every mission president’s heart.  My heart goes out to you all.  Hahaha!

-Well every Sunday at church I swear I just hear a quote that I just need to hear.  This week comes from the myth, the man, the legend, BROTHER WILSON, my homie.  Although he’s always such a jokester, he said something during sacrament that just hit me hard. He said, "What you are DOING is more important than what you have DONE or what you KNOW." We are meant to keep progressing, MEANT to keep changing, MEANT to be uncomfortable, as really there is no growth in comfort zones. I have felt that, but am so grateful for the change our Heavenly Father allows us to have.  And I am so grateful to have the best fan section ever, always helping and rooting me on as I go through it.  I am so blessed.  Thanks everyone for just being you!  I hope you have the best week ever. 

Xo, 

Hermana Dimond

Little Stylists (:


Just one of the tornado warning texts.  Yip Skip!

The district (: 


The flooding in the streets.  I think we got a straight foot .


Sister Shiers, the sister I went on my first exchange with.

MONICA (: freaking love her.  She really is the most amazing woman.   She is going through some crazy trials right now, but has the most faith of any person that I have ever met.

Brother Wilson just loves to joke with me, He literally like shoved me at church, hahah but I actually fell over.  He felt so bad.  I told him to not even worry for a second, it just makes me feel way more at home (: with my bros haha!

Breakfast this morning (: with my gals.  So fun that you just become homies so quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment