Monday, June 5, 2017

ITS STILL HOT (: (: (: and wet

HEYYO!!!! How are ya’ll doing???

Another week?  Although it was a very long and exhausting week, I feel like I was just here emailing about last week.  This week was more of an interesting one.  We worked super hard, we were in meetings literally all week, we were just working with all decoy investigators, but ya know, MIRACLES ARE COMING (:  I know that.  Faith ALWAYS precedes the miracles.  So yes, Sister Call and I did have a great week.  We worked really hard, despite seeing really any results.  But I know that is just all part of the process. It wouldn't be worth it, if it didn't take lots of effort on our part.  But thank heavens God did put some good little moments to just make those rougher times a little easier. (: Some highlights from the week:

-We went out knocking, and we knocked into a cute little old Cuban woman with dementia.  She definitely had a loss of hearing HaHaHa as everything we tried telling her I had to repeat like 50 times and just yell it.  The best was when I tried complimenting her on her like flowered dress moo moo thing, and after the third time telling her, she finally heard me and responds, "you like it?  Well I’m not going to sell it."  Hahahah mam.  I was simply just trying to be kind.  Don’t fret.  You don’t need to sell it to me.  She was the cutest old little woman.  We got a good laugh. 

-Another wonderful knocking experience (this is what I am saying, the best mission stories happen while you are just out tracting.  You find the most interesting humans).  Well I was on an exchange with another sister, and we knocked into Larry in this trailer park.  We start talking to him, and asking him things that are going on in his life that we could include in a prayer to help him, and he then decides to go off for literally 30 minutes about the exact stats of the American debt problems and congress and how they are our my congress too and then starts going off about photosynthesis..... ya!  He wouldn't stop to breathe, I swear.  But when I could finally get a word in, he decides to pray instead. (: He graces us with a LEGIT 15 minute prayer about the economy, including the exact statistics of the governments debt and the problems of the world.  Don't even worry, he did remember to include and RECITE ALL of the 13 amendments.  I was just doing my best to bite my lip during the whole thing and not burst out laughing.   It was definitely a day I will not forget.  HEY, but we did get to testify of the Restoration, so seeds planted am I right? (:

-We spent our week, working on a new project called, "The Blackbird,” which is something we have been doing to map out our whole ward, with dots and all this information as far as who has been through the temple, who is part member families, who is less active, etc., so that wherever we are, we can pull that out and go meet them and use our time as wisely as possible. It has been thee biggest pain getting it all organized, but I know that we are going to see some BIG FAT blessings from it (: 

-This week I was able to attend my first MLC (Mission Leadership Conference).  We got to go to the mission home and it was so fun to be back there, and be with the leadership of the mission, especially fun as this was President and Sister Richardson's last one before they go home.  I am going to miss them so much!!  It was crazy being back in there, as the first and only time I was there was the first night I came into the mission.  Sitting in there felt like it was just yesterday that I got here to Florida. That is when it really hit me how fast time is going.  I am half way done, and for that, I just want to give everything that I have.  I recognize that I don't have one second to waste.  President Richardson said something to me as we talked for a few minutes at his house.  He said, "Sister Diamante, ALL GAS NO BREAKS.  This is your time!!"  I loved that.  He is really like my dad out here.  That is exactly how I feel.  I know that I don't have time to rest.  This is the time I have to give EVERYTHING I have to the Lord.  I just want to do what he wants me to do, and be who he wants me to be. 

My cute pops sent me a quote a few weeks ago that I just want to share, by President Thomas S. Monson. He said, "Sometimes we let our thoughts of tomorrow take up too much of today, day dreaming of the past and longing for the future may provide comfort, but will not take the place of living in the present. THIS is the day of our opportunity, and we must grasp it."

Enjoy every minute.  Every minute is a miracle and a blessing. There is joy in every journey. I am so grateful for this journey that I am on right now, and so grateful for you all for helping and supporting me while I am on it.  Keep enjoying your journeys.  I love you all so much and hope you have the best week. 

xoxox, 

Hermana Dimond



Gotta get that work done I guess. hahaha This man was almost man down.


Went out for Sister Monson's b-day (no she is not related to the prophet:) 

Got cookie dough flautas from tiajuana flats (: SO YUM. I am taking ya'll back when we come back here.  Don't even worry I am making a list of all the places that we are going to go. I got a list of all the places the members say to go too! WE ARE SET (: 


We got ourselves some flo rida swag and twinning is winning I guess (: (Sister Call, Sister Smith, and Sister Monson) 


Outside my back yard.  Heart eyes I know.


As the sister training leaders and the zone leaders we are planning a zone activity.  So we had to take a quick little photoshoot for the invite. Elder Jones did some incredible photoshopping.  When I get the finished product I will have to send it.  But here is just a sneak peak.



Our cute little district (:  Elder Starley (I literally call him Syndrome from the incredibles hahaha) he is the one in the front and he went to LP.  We are just having a straight party and my district leader Elder Hafen totally knows Emily Lewis and the whole Lewis clan.  I know a bunch of his best friends from high school.  Its just the smallest world.


SISTER CALL AND I (: 


Good ol' Sister Leslie.  Getting reuinited again at MLC (: 

First time really getting to sister my mama Sister Cottrell again!  Good to catch up!! 

THIS PACKAGE LITERALLY MADE MY DAY!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!  Also do you guys have any more Miralax at the casa? (: 


Its so freaking rainy which makes it so dang humid!  I'm dying! 


We did some pedicures after a rough day (: 

MIRAMAR MY NEW HOME (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment