Monday, October 10, 2016

Survivorrrr of MATTHEW

Hi my all my favoritist people!!! 

I hope you are all doing so good!  This week has been so crazy. I don't really even know where to begin! But it was incredible and I have witnessed so many miracles!!  

This week we survived a hurricane, hurricane Matthew! My area was so lucky to not be effected by it, but we had no idea if we would or not, so we completely prepared for it!  It was so crazy having to even think about it, because that is something I have never ever had to plan for or deal with in my life.  The craziest thing was driving past every house and they all had their hurricane shutters up and then driving past the gas stations and having all the gas be gone, and if there was a gas station open, literally it was so packed you couldn’t even drive in.

We went to get some supplies at the store and everyone and their dog was walking out with cases of water and batteries and food. I straight up felt like the zombie apocalypse was happening. But we were able to get everything we needed. We had to stay in our house for about a day and a half, due to the weather and the storms, but it was all good! I got lots and lots of study time in J We even pushed our beds together and had just a bumping slumber party as we painted our nails and watched "The Testaments", yah know, just typical girl sleepover things. We also wrote a parody, so yah that hit single will be coming at yall soon!  So we just pretty much tried to keep ourselves sane.

But after we found out the hurricane had passed our area I just felt so blessed. It was also a blessing because it humbled a lot of the people down here, and people have been much more receptive to our message, ha ha, ok well most people. 

This week was also amazing because we found our VISION FAMILY.

Every Friday, our whole mission knocks at 5 o’clock to find families specifically. Last week Sister Cottrell and I prayed for a specific family that we wanted to find. We got very specific revelation; the number of people, the gender of the kids, and looks as well. This week we witnessed a miracle. We were knocking and this sweet woman let us in to her house. As we were talking with her, her whole family came out into the living room and it hit me, WE FOUND OUR FAMILY!  It almost had me in tears. They are continuing to progress and I know that prayers are answered. 

I know that prayers are answered. I pray for you all everyday! I am continuing to pray for all those who were affected by the Hurricane, those in Haiti and Cuba, as well as here in the states. The thing about the church that is amazing is that it is the same everywhere. Everyone here gathered together to help and take care of those people who need it. We as members of the Church really stand out, because we radiate pure love and willingness to help! It’s incredible! This church is amazing! 
I love you all so much and hope you have the best week! Some gal in Florida is prayin for yah. J

xoxox Hermana Dimond

No comments:

Post a Comment