Monday, October 17, 2016

"Baptism is the Word, Let your Loins be Gird"

First off, can we just look at that quote for a second. How disgusting hahahah! One of the elders here said it and I just had to quote him. The mish life tho....

Well HELLO FAM!
I have officially been out for over two months, which literally is no time at all.  Hahah, but it is a mark for me :)  This week I happened to hear some new songs from the radio while eating dinner one night.  When the radio was playing and I realized I had only heard like one of the 10 songs that played, I knew I had been out for some time! Hahaha, it just randomly hits me like that I am on a mission!  Hahah, like what??  But time really is going by so fast and I just know the mission is going to fly.  It is so hard but I seriously have never been more happy in my whole life.  Not every minute is the best, but I am happiest every min.  
This week was great! Last Monday a cute member from our ward took us to the Zoo Miami with her and her kids! It was hugeeee and so beautiful! Her kids are literally my fav.  I LOVE being with families again!  I MISS IT!  So when I am with them I just feel like I am at home again! :)  This week I also got to do a split, so I went to Central Miami for a day and a night with a different companion. It was so awesome to just see another part of Florida, and see how different my mission is going to be everywhere I serve, but that the missionary work, the lords work, is still the EXACT SAME.

Well I just have to tell this random story real quick, because it is literally just the epitome of everyday life out here. So one day this week, an elderly woman in our ward calls us to come visit her.  We have no idea what she needs but obviously we head over.  So we get there and she does not tell us why we are there.  She just starts talking forever and ever and starts talking about her Cabbage Patch doll, which is "her son" pretty much.  She hands it to me to hold and to not drop the head and everything.  Like she was paranoid that I was going to drop the head.  Like this is real life. So here I am just sitting talking to this woman, trying to just share something spiritual and understand her needs, as I am cradling this cabbage patch doll.  Hahahaa, you would just have had to be there to understand the weirdness of those few moments in her home. HAHA, I just love people in Miami.

But on a more spiritual note..... I AM HAVING MY FIRST BAPTISM THIS FRIDAY!!!!! This cute woman's name is Dorothy!  We found her about three weeks ago. I have yet to meet anyone more elect and ready.  She's so sweet and is literally like our grandma.  She has no daughters, so she said we are the daughters she never had.  We are like family. I have the biggest love for her and am so excited for her!

Well last thing. I just wanted to share a quote from this week that I read from Thomas S. Monson that I loved:
"Should there be anyone who feels he is too weak to change the onward and downward course of his life, or should there be those who fail to resolve to do better because of that greatest of fears, the fear of failure, there is no more comforting assurance to be had than these words of the Lord: "My grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then I will make weak things become strong unto them". 
I LOVED THIS! Whatever we feel we cannot do, WE CAN, because of the Lord.  We are SO BLESSED.  Everyday I talk to so many people who don't even have the slightest bit of knowledge that we do.  We are so lucky.  The atonement is the biggest blessing, and I am just beginning to understand it.

I love being a missionary and I love you all!  Thanks for all your support I love you all so much!  Have the best week!
Your fav Flo Rida gal  xoxox   
Hermana Dimond
Preppin for the hurricane

All the houses putting on their hurricane shutters

Prettiest sunsets

Sister Cottttt

The Zoooooooooo :) :)

Zoo Miami


The doll?

The weekly pic with "Tina the Ferret."  Literally she was a wild ferret that our ward mission leader found in his house. Sooo nasty, but I had too much pride I had to hold it and say that I did it! Probably has rabies!

No comments:

Post a Comment